thirty seven

Maybe it was the simple moments.

Sitting silently with Tommy as they watched nature; the sun rising and setting, the moon, the stars... studying with his head in her lap as he napped or watched YouTube, her fingers combing through his blonde curls... the hour long walks in the woods, finding places she had never even found... the midday cuddles as they watched movies, even though he complained about Christmas movies in October, it had snowed and it made her happy...

Maybe it was the loud moments.

Tommy chasing Max through the house with a foam sword... winning her first bedwars game with offscreen help from Tommy and screaming at her victory... taking a drive at night and blasting music, screaming along together...

Maybe it was the new moments.

The quick and hidden kisses... the constant flirting... the quiet words passed between the two... the soft hand holding... the awkward talks with her dad... the blushing cheeks... the sweet compliments thrown...

Maybe it was the happy moments.

The laughter at 2am... all the boys ganging up on her to scare her... the inside jokes... the simple little pranks they pulled on each other... the insults that really meant the complete opposite...

Maybe it was the sad moments.

When she woke up from another nightmare and Tommy was there to hold her... when he began to get hate for his absence, she was there to reassure him... when she told him about her mom and they both cried...

Whatever it was. Rose knew she loved Tommy.

And he felt the same.