forty six

As soon as Rose woke up Christmas morning she replied to Tommy's Happy Christmas text with a distinct Merry Christmas and told him she'd call him after presents. Hopping out of bed she ran downstairs to where Max was already sipping hot chocolate.

"She's awake! Presents now!"

"Morning to you too Max, Merry Christmas dad."

"Merry Christmas Rosie, do you want breakfast first or presents?"

"I'll just have coffee so we can open presents."

After presents and breakfast, Rose FaceTimed Tommy.

"Happy Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas actually."

"Whatever american-"

"Is that Tommy?" Max inquired running over to the sofa.

"Max tell Tommy Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas Tommy! Did you get me a present?"

"I did big man," he laughed, "I think your dad has them all."

"You sent me a gift? Tommy-"

"Hush, big dad you got the presents?"

"Yes sir." Her dad joked, getting a large box out of the closet.

"I hate that you were able to keep that a secret." Rose groaned at her dad.

"Honey I keep so many secrets, what are you talking about?"

"I am the best secret keeper." Tommy bragged.

"You're not but whatever- Max!"

Max had dove right into opening the box, digging through to find the one with his name on it. Finding it he shrieked and pulled the paper off.

He gasped, "A gun?"

"It's a nerf gun, you can shoot Rose with it." Max giggled mischievously and sat down gazing at his new toy.

"This is for you apparently, big dad."

"Tommy you got me a present?"

"Duh, let me stay in your house and date your daughter and I don't give you a present?"

Her dad chuckled and unwrapped his present, "An England mug," he laughed, "thanks Tommy."

"Of course big dad." He grinned wide knowing Rose had to open hers now. Her cheeks tinted pink as she pulled out the package with her name on it.

"There's two Tommy."

"I know, I got the small one and then I saw the big one and I had to. Open the big one first."

She did as he said and it was black hoodie, it had stars and planets. She looked up to her phone grinning, "I love it."

He smiled from ear to ear, "Open the other one."

She grabbed the small rectangular box and unwrapped it. It was a dark blue velvet box, and when she lifted the lid there was a gold necklace with a simple bar. With a closer look it read

now and forever
and on the other side;
annabelle rose + tom

"Tommy." Her eyes were glossy as she looked at her phone, "This is perfect."

He wore a proud grin, "Ya like it?"

"I love it."

"Good good, anyways there's also a letter, but yeah."

"I'll read it later, thank you Tommy, seriously." He smiled softly at her, "Oh! And I did get you a present, but I'll be at my grandparents when it arrives, dad what time is it supposed to get there?"

"Huh? Oh right, um probably tomorrow night."

"Cool, I can't wait."

"Me too." She smiled, holding something back, "oh and I got you two presents too."

"Rose."

"I know, shush. Anyways, show me what you got."