"Aright," She nods, her face subtly deflating at the news. She turns on her heel and makes her way towards where the waiting chairs were.

The sight in front of her would be considered adorable if it wasn't for how uncomfortable JJ looked or how bored she looked.

Hoda leaned back on the soft chairs and busied herself on her phone. Until Chase rang.

Seeing his face light up on her phone she was very tempted to decline but knew that doing that wouldn't benefit either of them.

"Chase Dontell, where have you taken my driver?!" She seethed from under her breath, keeping her voice as down as possible, not wanting to disturb the peaceful couple.

"I know, I'm sorry!" He rushed out, "But I saw the date in your schedule and I know you don't eat before you go out, so I had him bring you breakfast!"

She pinched the bridge of her nose and moved off of the couch, exhaling a sharp breath.

"I'm sorry." He repeats again.

"Whatever." She breathes out, "Just make sure he's on time tomorrow."

"Okay," He relaxes knowing he could have been on the receiving end of a 'sacked' bill, "So did Gingerman finally ask you out?"

"I hate you." She grumbles ending the call.

Moving her head, she sees the two staring right at her. She arches her eyebrow and the girl readjusts her gaze elsewhere, but JJ's eyes don't move from hers.

"You never introduced us," Hoda speaks, a slight smirk on her lips that only etches into something similar to the one of the Cheshire cat when she sees his girlfriend move off him, her bored expression replaced with a hard one.

He clears his throat. Hoda knew exactly what she was doing. And to be frank, so did he.

He cleared his throat, "Right, yeah, my bad, Sharla, Hoda, our neighbour upstairs and Hoda, Sharla my girlfriend."

Hoda could sense his voice waver and quiet at the end of his introduction. She was the only one to have noticed this, along with the hollowness of his voice. It sounded as though if it were up to him, he would consider Sharla a total stranger. But he couldn't, not with her sitting so close to him and for a moment he wishes the labels were reversed and the woman beside him would be Hoda his girlfriend. But they weren't.

"We meet again!" Sharla is quick to greet the woman who wore those Christian Louboutin heels.

"I can't remember." She furrows her eyebrows, usually name keeping and recognising people was Chase's job.

"Oh, well then, never mind, Sharla," The woman shakes hands with Hoda.

"Pleasure."

Sharla then turns to her boyfriend, and Hoda can already seem to tell there was a storm coming. Where the hell was Tom?!

"You never said anything about having a neighbour..." Her voice trails off, had he been cheating on her with this glamourous woman. To be honest, if it were up to her and Hoda was her upstairs neighbour, she would have long forgotten JJ.

"Oh, I didn't?" JJ pretends not to be phased by the question, "She came to our housewarming party."

"Hm." Sharla smiles, knowing it could be of good reference in an argument the next time she wants anything from JJ. Apparently so did JJ. But he made no comment about it.

He hated her. With every fibre in his body, he hated her. And at this point, he didn't know who he was referring to or which one he hate more. Hoda or Sharla. His girlfriend for dragging him out of the apartment while she waits for her ride or Hoda for her driver's inability to get places on time.

And on that note, it evokes the thought of her having a driver. Gosh, she must be rich.

And as though by magic, Sean calls over Hoda.

"Miss Noor, your drivers here!" He informs her and she nods.

"Pleasure meeting you." She smiles, graciously picking up her purse from next to her and makes her way into the car that was waiting for her. 

The smell of food inside made her mouth water. She hated Chase but loved him all the same.

Her day in her office was consumed by signing papers and talking through meetings and eventually by the time it was 6:30 God wanted nothing more than to crawl into her bed warm sheets and fall asleep.

But instead, she rests her head on her desk waiting for Chase to come bursting through her door and telling her to get up and get ready for her date tonight. She didn't even know where they are going.

And on cue, Chase came bustling through the door his hand on his hip staring down at Hoda with disapproving eyes.

"You arrange dates but you hate them."

"It's not a date."

"Dinner." He rolls his eyes, "I don't fucking care what it is, you're finally going out with a guy after years."

"Rub it in my face, won't you?"

Written: 07/11/2021

Published:  11/11/2021

(A/N: y'all must have made a wish on 11:11. Mine was to find love <33)