Chapter 3: A Nightmare

Three hundred years had passed since Ragnarok. Human civilization had already experienced many gruesome wars, but according to the elders, that Ragnarok was the most dreaded and horrifying of all those wars.

Perhaps that is why this event was recorded in the golden pages of history as the greatest victory achieved by mankind in collaboration with the Gods of Heaven.

After this event, humans started living peacefully on Earth. But was it really so? Even though that brutal war is now history, the bitter memories still sting like a deep wound in everyone's heart.

But that was just the beginning. They say that when there's trouble, it does not just come from one side, but from all sides. After living among humans for a few years, the Elemental Gods, who were sacred to everyone, suddenly disappeared.

After the mysterious disappearance of the Elemental Gods, mankind's unshakable hope was shaken. Due to mutual differences, mistrust, power struggles and greed for wealth, the unbreakable wall of humanity erected by the gods broke into several pieces called Regions.

In this selfish, cruel world, each region cultivated thousands of high-ranking wizards to stay on top in the race for power and keep their region alive on the world map.

Wizards who once fought valiantly against evil forces in Ragnarok to keep humanity alive, now fighting with their brothers like enemies to protect their homeland from invasion. Perhaps this is the reason why this world experienced three great wizard wars even after Ragnarok.

Many nations were destroyed and countless wizards lost their lives in these meaningless battles. However, even after many devastating wars, the regions and cities were rebuilt again and again to be prepared for future attacks.

The animosity between the regions grew over time. The people who lived in the different regions couldn't contact with the outside world for centuries because of the uncertain situations and the insecurity of their lives.

Who would believe that the bond of humanity, which was strong during the Great Ragnarok, is now weakened after the division into nine independent Great Regions.

In one of these nine Great Regions, our hero was born to change this cruel fate of the world and restore peace to humanity. Now keep your ears to the ground, because this is where our story begins.

******************

In a corner of the earth there is a place surrounded on the east, north and south by the mighty Silver Mountains and on the west by the vast blue sea of Indiana.

The red, gentle rays of the sun shine were peeking through the gaps between the mountains into the deep valleys. A thick blanket of snow lay on the hills at the edge of the valleys.

In these valleys, there is a beautiful place called the Silver Region, also known as the place of the new dawn of humanity.

In the centre of this beautiful Silver Region is a magnificent city called Silver Heaven Town, a symbol of hope for humanity.

**********

Today it is exceptionally cold, but the streets of the Silver Heaven Market District are full of people. The residents are dressed in colourful, soft and warm woollen sweaters and stroll in front of the clothing and gift stores.

The district is decorated with lights and tingling jingle bells. The sweet tingling of the jingle bells was soothing the atmosphere with its lovely melody. After all, it is the Yukiha Festival Eve, the festival to worship the Snow Goddess Yukiha (which will be celebrated as Christmas Eve in the future).

Families and couples were making their way through the not-too-thick snow to the stores to buy Yukiha festival decorations, cakes and gifts. Some toddlers were rolling the big snowballs and layering them up into a three-story snow giant. Other children were having fun throwing small snowballs at their loved ones.