He looked at his mother and asked her, "Why, Maa? Don't you have enough trust in your children? What if one day a girl comes up to you and says the same thing about me? Will you believe her too? Don't you know about us?" He stopped for a moment and said, "I forgot, how would you know about us when you both don't even have time to spend with us? Then how would you know what's going on in our lives? He smiled sadly. Okay, let's keep this thing aside. Didn't you find it fishy? I mean, they could have told us before the marriage itself. But why did they choose to tell us after the marriage when they had enough time to inform us before the marriage? Leave all that, Amma. Do you really think that my sister would stoop too low to take revenge? If she wanted to take revenge, then she could have destroyed Chytra's life at the snap of her fingers, but she didn't. I never thought you guys would do something like this, Amma. And what was Nanna doing at the time? Doesn't he think a thousand times before doing something? Then what happened that day? And why are you guys behind her life, Amma? First, you didn't let her fulfill her dream, even after knowing how much it meant to her. Then, you made her quit the job. As if it were not sufficient, you started searching for a groom for her. When she was finally getting her happiness, you were about to snatch that too. Didn't you see her happy face on her engagement day? You always used to taunt her about her body, but do you know she is having breathing problems? Do you know she has low blood pressure issues? Leave all that; do you at least know she gets cramps badly during her periods, and she used to faint too?"

She felt a pang in her heart listening to him. She knows Maya gets cramps, but she has never known that they are that severe. Her son knew this, whereas she didn't. The guilt is increasing with each passing second. Her heart felt heavy. She badly failed as a mother.

"I just told what I knew. There are many things neither you nor I knew," he said as he walked away, his eyes welling up with tears.

He wanted to ask many things, but for now, he didn't have that strength.

***********************

Next morning:

Avi woke up and saw Maya sleeping peacefully in his arms with a cute pout on her face as her hair strands fell on her face. He chuckled at her antics and pecked her lips. She smiled widely in her sleep and snuggled more into him. He pecked her forehead and tucked the hair strands that were falling on her face behind her ears. He looked at her face and caressed her cheeks.

He got off the bed and went to the bathroom. He came out, drying his hair with a towel. He wore a casual dress after messing up his whole closet. He moved down to the kitchen and started cutting fruits when he felt someone hugging him from behind.

"You woke up," he asked while continuing his work.

"Hmm!" she mumbled lazily.

He took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles. He picked her up, made her sit on the kitchen counter, and handed her fruits. She made a face looking at the fruits, at which he glared at her.

"Who eats fruits early in the morning?" Maya said, pouting.

"Sit silently and eat. Now I'll make breakfast," Avi said sternly.

"No need. You go and sit; I'll prepare," said Maya.

"Okay, I'll help you," said Avi.

"But!"

"No, ifs and buts; either I'll prepare it alone or let me help you," said Avi.

Maya sighed and ate the fruits silently while he was preparing juice for everyone.

She soon joined him. She was searching for semolina in the cabinets but sighed as she was not able to reach it. Avi looked at Maya, who was jumping to try to reach the container. He let out a chuckle on seeing her struggle and lifted her in his arms. She smiled widely at him, picked up the container, and pecked his forehead.

Vani and Anjali, who entered the kitchen, looked at the couple, who were lost in their own world. They looked at each other and left, though they wanted to tease them a lot.

Avi and Maya were engrossed in their own world. Avi looked into her eyes and caressed her cheeks with his thumb. He eyed her lips and looked at her intensely, making her melt under his gaze. Suddenly, he took her lips in a soulful kiss, making her go weak in the knees. He made her sit on the kitchen counter. His hands moved inside her shirt. As soon as his cold hands touched her naked skin, she felt a shiver run through her spine. His hands were caressing her waist while she was caressing his hair. He moved his hands upward, making her gasp. Taking it as a chance, he entered his tongue inside her mouth. Their tongues fought for dominance. After some time, he broke the kiss when he felt she couldn't take more and joined his forehead with hers. A sweet smile was playing on their lips.

 A sweet smile was playing on their lips

Hope you liked the update

I may not update till 16th as I'll will be busy with the marriage and post wedding rituals.

And I want to ask you guys a question.

Did you feel the story childish and irriated with the telugu language in between?

If you feel I should make some changes then you can tell me.

Anyways, keep smiling and take care.