[𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞] 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 × 𝐝𝐚𝐝!𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐧

Thesan couldn't be more shocked

Thesan couldn't be more shocked. His emotions, so well hidden in his heart, were shaking. Since he ascended as a highlord, making sure to put all of his feelings in check became something daily. Pretending to be the pacific one, the one that watched in the shadows and could barely attack for being just a healer.

Pretending all of that was easy enough. Hiding is, and always will be, the kind of art that must be studied and learned with patience. He had a long way to take notes, to see each one of his possible enemies. To adapt.

But Thesan never, ever, felt to fragile like now. His eyes were filled with tears — when was the last time he cried? When he was a child? — and the feeling of being helpless making his whole body shake.

Somehow, it wasn't bad. He noticed that the anxiety carried on his chest since forever was gone, and a much more warm feeling replaced it.

Happiness, his mate told him. Because now he had not just an heir, but a daughter. A planned little being that he never imagined able to cause such a roller-coaster of emotions.

He was happy. A tender feeling he felt just around his bestfriend, Lady Calla, and his mate, the current captain of the Peregryns.

Calla seemed to hold her loud sobs, that Thesan knew for sure they were happy ones, while holding the little baby in her arms.

The court had been pressing for an official heir, trying to take advantage by sending their own to meet with the highlord in hope of getting choosed. But, knowing how cunning people are, Thesan and Geirful — his mate — reached to the decision that it would be better if the next highlord were part of the original descendent line.

Which resulted in them asking Lady Calla the enormous favor that was carrying Thesan's heir. But of course, she had no way to deny it. Not just because her bestfriend asked for it, or for the already existing wanting of having a child. No, she would never even consider denying because Thesan is her Highlord. Above friendship, on top of all, he is the person she choose to serve. 

So she said yes, without hesitation. 

.

Thesan decided to ignore the feeling of that day, with the thought that he was just sick. There was no way such a little, weak being could bring emotions he burried deep down in one look. 

And then the incident happened. 

He was in his office, working on the treaty with the other courts. He thought that the Alliance was something ridiculous, there was no way that Beron was going to comply with the terms and that could create a lot of conflict. Besides, the idea came from the Night Court — He knew that the horrors there were nothing ut rumours since a long time, Rhysand made it obvious — the less trustfull court in the eyes of everyone else.