My hands were on his chest and I was ready to push him away, but I didn't. I didn't push him away and his lips were soon on mine. They moved in sync and one of his hands had gone up to my cheek, cupping it.

We heard the front door rattling and quickly pulled away from each other. We made as much distance as we could just before Jake walked in. "Oh, hey guys! How's it going?"

"Yeah, it's going great," I answer, probably a bit flustered. "We went to the carnival and look, Damian won me this!" I show him the tiger.

"That's great. I'm so glad to see you guys finally getting along!" Jake exclaimed, clapping his hands together in happiness. Damian then asks Jake where he was and what was so private and confidential. I was beyond curious to know where he had gone too. My stupid thoughts got the better of me and I asked the most stupidest question ever.

"Are you a drug dealer?" It was very stupid. I knew Jake wouldn't even go near drugs, let alone become a drug dealer!

"What? No! I went to get a plane ticket for myself," he answered. That was all he said, no explanation. Is that seriously all he's going to give us?

"Why?" I quiz, trying to get more information out of him. I wanted to know why and where he was going.

He let out a small sigh before answering, "I'm going to go see Samantha, my ex. And yes, the one I cheated on. I need to make things right with her and I don't care what you guys have to say. I am in love with her and I'm not coping without her." Oh, that's actually really cute.

"When are you going?" Damian wonders. I wonder too, actually. Was he going today? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? How soon?

"Two days from now, and I'm going for at least a week or so. I just need to make things right between us. Hopefully I'll be bringing her back with me and Kylie, you can finally meet her. Well, hopefully. I don't know if she will forgive me or anything but I really hope she does. I wish I never cheated on her. It was honestly the biggest mistake of my life and I don't even know why I did it. I'm so stupid," he declares, looking extremely sullen.

"Cheer up, man. I'm sure you can win her back. Think positive, alright? If you think negative, it'll only affect how you go about things and it could make you not think right. If you're not thinking right, you may not be in the right mind to actually win her back," Damian points out, patting Jake's shoulder. "You can do it."

"Thanks, Damian. You've always been a great friend." Damian smiles at Jake and they have a bromance moment. They hug each other for a few seconds and then realisation dawned upon me.

"Hang on, you're leaving me with him?" I ask, pointing to Damian.

"Oh, crap, sorry. But hey, you've been getting on! Things should be fine!" Jake was full of positivity that things would be fine but I wasn't so sure. Damian and I had just kissed. What did that mean for the two of us? Why did he kiss me? Why did I kiss back? Please tell me I haven't screwed up.

"She's only joking. We will have so much fun, won't we Kylie?" I nervously agree with him but the glint in his eye told me he and I had different ideas of fun. Oh, no.

"Don't worry, the week will be over sooner rather than later. You won't even notice I'm gone." I'm pretty sure I will because I'll be allowed to hang out with whoever I want! Oh, and actually have some fun without him breathing down my neck all the time telling me what I can and can't do.

"I hope things work out with you and Samantha," I tell him, "I just want you to be happy." I do, I really do. But at least I go about different ways of making sure he's happy. Jake? He seems to make me quite miserable! I hate to say it, but it's true. All these restrictions, they do not make me happy. They make me regret moving in.