Rainy Nights - J.C.

Requested by: sara-katherine

Name: Poppy

Love Interest: Johnny

Relation: None

Poppy's P.O.V.

Staying in the lot with Johnny on warm summer nights was one of my favourite things to do. Except when those warm summer nights turn into cool, humid, rainy weather, it wasn't so enjoyable.

Me and Johnny were on one of the old sofas in the lot, but we eventually migrated to my sofa when it started to rain.

Me and Johnny were best friends since we were seven years old. 

I remembered we had met in school.

It was a hot sunny day and Johnny was all by himself, sitting against the wall of the school.

I wasn't very social back then, but I could tell Johnny needed a friend. So, I walked up to him and sat down. He gave me a small smile and then went back to picking at his shoes. 

He told me he was sitting alone because no one wanted to play with him. I told him I wanted to play with him and we've been sewn at the hip since. But one day, I started to fall in love with him. I knew I would never tell him, I couldn't risk ruining our friendship like that. So, I decided I would keep it a secret from him for as long as I could. Little did I know, it would be harder than I thought.

What I did know, is that I wanted to tell him before I moved back to Florida this weekend. 

Johnny knew I was going to Florida, and he wanted to spend every waking second with me until I had to go.

Third Person P.O.V.

Today was the day Poppy had to move back to Florida. She didn't want to go, but she had to. He mom found a better job there and they need a few extra bucks, so her mom had to take the job.

Johnny walked her to the bus stop and he wished so badly he could go with her, but he couldn't. 

Poppy's mom went on the bus first, giving Poppy and Johnny a few minutes to say goodbye.

"Well, I guess this is it..." Johnny said.

"Yeah..." Poppy agreed. 

"I hope I could see you again soon," Johnny said. Poppy nodded her head in agreement. 

Alright, it's now or never. Poppy thought. 

"Hey, Johnny..." 

"Yeah?" 

"I wanna tell you something before I go..." Poppy trailed off.

"Go on." He encouraged.

"I love you, Johnny. Ever since the seventh grade, I just couldn't find the will to tell you." Poppy confessed.

Johnny's face dropped.

"Oh, Poppy..." Johnny started. "I don't like you like that." He admitted.

Poppy's heart shattered into a million pieces. 

"Oh...that's fine I guess. Bye, Johnny." Poppy said and hopped on the bus. She didn't even hug him goodbye. 

Johnny regretted what he just told her. The truth is, he loved Poppy, but he was too chicken to admit it. 

Johnny and Poppy never saw each other ever again after that.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this Sara, its kinda sad to be honest but that's what you wanted...I guess. 
Anyways, I want to start putting some preferences on here, so either comment or PM for a suggestion/request.
Stay Gold my dead Livers!