24. Burdens and Babies

Chapter Twenty Four 

*Wonwoo's POV*

Standing at the back of the huddle that had formed around the window, my knuckles turned white from gripping the chair so tight. 

"Oh shit, he looks scary," Hoshi mumbled as the guy who is probably in charge argued with Hyo. She looked so dangerously beautiful, a side to her I've never seen before. Strong, confident, deadly. A side which is making me fall harder. 

Snap out of it Wonwoo. 

"Oh SHIT!" Dino shouted as the car door opened. Not really being able to see, heads turned to me, worry in their eyes. 

Giving them a look of confusion, Jun moved away from the window, allowing me to peek through. 

"Keep her away from me," I mumbled, anger beginning to boil inside me. 

Seeing the cars speed off, I saw Hyo shake her head in her hands, squeezing the paper in her hands. A second later, she picked up Bora's bags and started heading toward the house. Watching her follow Hyo, I felt a presence at my side. 

"Hyung, you good?" Hansol mumbled. Shrugging, I stayed silent. I don't trust my voice right now. 

Hearing the door close and locks click, Hyo appeared in the doorway, biting her lip. Locking eyes with her, her expression softened. 'Sorry' she mouthed to me, as the she-devil appeared in the doorway. 

"What? No warm welcome?" She smirked to everyone staring at her. "Take a picture, it will last longer," rolling her eyes, she met my eyes. Breaking eye contact immediately, I saw Coups staring at me. Giving him a nod, I stayed at the back of the group. 

"Bora will have to stay here for the foreseeable future. I know it's not ideal, but with her current situation, she needs to stay out of harms way." I could hear the pain in Hyo's voice, the pain of trying to be nice to someone who literally deserves nothing but the worse things in life. 

"What situation? I didn't think the devil needed to stay out of harms way," Seungkwan scoffed from sitting on the kitchen counter. Hearing Bora snort, eyes turned to her laughing. 

"Good one," she stopped laughing. "I get you don't want me here, but I can't stay with my husband right now, it's too dangerous for my state." Seeing more confused eyes to her, she rolled her eyes before moving from the back of Hyo and opening her coat. 

Oh fuck. No way. The bitch got pregnant. No surprise though, really. 

"I'll show you to your room," he appeared from around the corner, grabbing the bag off Hyolyn before disappearing down the hallway followed by Bitchface. I refuse to say her name, she's not worth it, so enjoy the nicknames. 

Hearing a sigh from the doorway, Hyo flopped in the chair next to DK, resting her head on his shoulder. Throwing the note on the table, I saw tears start to pool in her eyes. With Jeonghan closing the kitchen door, we all sat around her silent.

"Hyo?" Jun started. Lifting her head, she scanned the room. Wiping her tear, she bit her lip. 

"What a mess," she mumbled. "Since I came back into your lives I've been nothing but a burden." Seeing her sat there, crying, troubled, all I wanted to do was assure her everything was fine. 

But I can't, not how I want to. 

"Yah," DK flicked her forehead. "Don't be stupid, you're not a burden. We are a team, remember? Your problems are our problems. So just tell us what you need us to do." Seeing nods around the room, Seungkwan threw a grape at her.