Capitulum 1

And we are back.

We are back.

Back to where my normal life ended and my hectic, dangerous life started.

I fumbled with the silver necklace around my neck as I focused my attention back on the beautiful landscape I'd missed a lot in the past nine years.

It had not changed one bit, rocks arose from the ground forming the only hills this place knew. As autumn became winter time I gazed upon the leaves that were still in green grass, yet were soaked in the first of winter frost. I knew colder days were upon us, but I didn't mind the winter.

I opened the window and let the rain that lost the ambient temperature of early fall, freeze my skin.

'Are you done feeling fucking nostalgic?' A voice boomed, releasing me from my thoughts. I turned towards the annoyed woman next to me. Her icy blue eyes took me in, as her gray shattered bob was messy due to the wind. Her nose piercing gave something edgy to her soft face. 'Like for real, I'm over here fucking freezing while you're over here all sappy and shit.' She snapped as she pressed the button to close my window

A light chuckle escaped my throat, earning yet another glare of my best friend. 'Nyx calm down.'

She shook her head as she let out a frustrated sigh. Returning her gaze to the road in front of us. 'I got a bad feeling Maeve. We left this place for a reason, we should not be looking for problems'

'Nyx,' I eyed her, 'We will be fine.'

She let out a frustrated sigh as she bit her lip. Returning her gaze to the road in front of us. 'If I have learned anything of my time with you, it's the fact that we will never be just fine.'

I hated to admit she did have a point. No matter where we went, or how much we tried to live under the radar. They were everywhere. Besides, I didn't make it much easier for Nyx either. Nyx at the age of 25 has a lot to deal with, meaning a young woman of 22, a royal forced to flee her world. 'Something is pulling me to this place, Nyx. I have to find out what.' I urged.

She rolled her eyes, as she nibbled on the inside of her cheek. Something she often did as she got frustrated. Contemplating the good against the bad. 'Are you sure you want to redo your last semester here? In Cresent Fall?' She questioned. As much as I hated school, it was something humans did. 'If I want to fit in and not pull any weird form of attention to me, then yeah. I do.'

She chuckled, 'Alright miss. You know it means that I have to pull all sorts of strings to let a 22 year old woman redo her last semester.'

I rolled my eyes, 'Please if Damon is still the principal only kind of string you got to pull is his..-' She didn't let me finish as her flat hand it my arm hard. 'Shut up.' We both laughed.

The rest of the ride was silent, as I took in the beautiful town I had come to love. The town was a happy hug of houses that had expanded in the past six years. After some minutes we reached our apartment. We quickly hauled our stuff inside, as I took a look around the apartment. It wasn't too big, but it was good enough for the both of us. Nyx let herself fall onto the couch and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. 'Please for the love of Zeus do not get in any trouble.' She muttered under her breath.

I rolled my eyes. 'What kind of maniac do you think I am?' Resting my hand on my chest, pretending to be hurt. She opened one eye, 'You are an absolute delight to be around princess.' She retorted, my face contorted into a grimace, I hated that word. I let myself fall onto the couch, next to her. Eyeing the ceiling as thoughts started to consume my mind.

'Do you think we made a mistake coming back here?'

Nyx sighed, meeting my eyes. 'All I'm thinking at the moment is what is going to kill me faster. My loyalty to you or your stubbornness.' She laughed as I shoved her hard. She paused, meeting my gaze once more, her blue eyes burning through mine. 'Non est ad astra mollis e terries via,' She whispered. There is no easy way from the earth to the stars. 'Besides, if you are saying something is pulling you towards this place. Who am I to judge?'

'Thanks Nyx,' I smirked, 'Who knew you had some wisdom in you.'

'Futue te ipsi..' She muttered. Fuck you. She stood, stretching her muscles. 'I'm going to Booze Bumps, you want to come along?'

I instantly stood, nodding my head. We quickly changed into something more alluring, Nyx wore blue jeans and an army green shirt that really complimented her boobs. As I wore black ripped jeans, a tank top and a jean jacket. I eyed myself in the mirror. 'Don't worry you look hot.' Nyx winked.

~~~~

Booze bumps was by far the best gay bar in Cresent Fall, I wouldn't mind releasing some stress and tension. The bar was already filled with hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the loud music that dominates the atmosphere. The crowd is young, students for the most part. Nyx took the last drag of her cigarette before leading me inside. I instantly felt eyes on me and felt the sensation of the game I was about to play fill my system.

We made our way through the warm bodies to order a drink. Nyx ordered us some shots, Nyx leaned forward, her warm breath grazing my cheek. 'Don't go too crazy on your first night, alright?' She whispered.

The adrenaline was pumping and my heart was pounding. There it was again, the weird sensation, the pull. I took my last shot, trying to shake the weird sensation. My eyes landed on a gorgeous woman, her emerald eyes met mine and I was instantly lost. A small smirk played around her lips, she was wearing a beautiful black dress with a split on the side. Her body looked absolutely amazing in that dress. She was alluring and I couldn't take my eyes of her.

Her emerald eyes watched me as I walked up to her. 'Hey, you look absolutely stunning.' I whispered in her ear, watching her shiver at the sound of my voice was something I couldn't get enough of when flirting with girls. She met my eyes once more, the confidence she was radiating before was slightly replaced by doubt, she was unsure of effect I had on her, it was my nature. Humans would always be affected by what I was.

'Dance with me?' I held my hand out, waiting for her to take it. Her hand grabbed mine, warmth spreading through my body. It confused me, but I quickly shook away the feeling. I was surprised when she took the lead. She pulled my body closer to hers and placed one arm around my neck and the other around my waist. Her body heat radiated onto mine, for once in my life I didn't know what to do as I held my breath.

Her body was perfectly in sync with the music. The feeling of her fingers on my neck made my knees weak. This woman was something else. The warmth between us grew more intense by the minute, I could feel my heart beat faster every time I looked at her. She guided me the whole song, never taking her eyes of me. She leaned forward, her mouth closer to my face, her lips softly brushing against my ear. 'You are captivatingly beautiful.' She said with a soft voice. The song faded into the background and she let me go. Her lips softly brushing mine. 'It was nice meeting you...' she paused, raising her eyebrow. 'Astoria,' I quickly said. She smiled, 'Astoria, lovely name. I am Athena.'

Athena.

Gorgeous.

'Let me buy you a drink.' I said. She smiled, meeting my eyes. She leaned forward, kissing my cheek. 'Bye Astoria.'

I watched her disappear in the crowd.