Chapter 39

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I was quick to spring on top of the man who revealed us, making him fall as I trapped him in my hold. Fighting in a swimsuit was the most uncomfortable thing I'd done so far. Not only did it feel weird, but I also had no extra layers on me to shield me from attacks.

The surprise of the situation was taken perfect advantage of as Changbin sprinted towards the other man, or should I say the host, and landed an extremely painful looking kick. The host scrambled on the ground, clutching himself in pain while I moved on to the newcomer who'd just entered to help the host.

Changbin took out the rope we'd found in one of the drawers earlier and tied down the two defeated men, but the host kept barking out demands, telling my assailant to go ask for backup. I continued blocking the door and fighting the guy who was obviously highly trained. He managed to land some excruciating jabs on my bare arms and stomach while Changbin finished his job and sat on the bed, watching me fight the guy.

"Need saving again?" he asked, making me laugh despite the serious situation. As if I'd ever ask for his help.

Although I was tied up with the fight at hand, I noticed a stealthy newcomer sneaking up on Changbin while holding a glass figurine. Right when he swung his makeshift weapon towards the clueless Changbin's head, I finished off my opponent and kicked the guy's arm away, causing Changbin to flinch into action. He socked the man across his nose and the backs of his knees, making it easier for me to tie a rope around his kneeling figure in the span of a few seconds.

A smug smile took over my face as I dusted off my hands, leaning my arm on Changbin's shoulder. "So~ Who needed saving?"

"I'd thank you, but that's not something we do, is it?" he scoffed, shrugging my weight off as he ran out the bedroom, leaving me no choice but to chase him as he continued talking. "I'm sure the host found a way to inform his co-workers about us. We need to escape this party scheme as soon as possible."

"But our clothes-"

"-Are not more important than our lives," he cut me off, pulling me inside a room so fast, I slipped and fell. I didn't even get to rub my bruising palms before he swiftly carried me up and hid us behind a door. A bunch of men ran past us just in time, and Changbin whispered his count to ten, pulling me back out with him to continue our run. I could barely keep up with his speedy actions.

My stomach hurts from the hits, my arms burn, my legs sting from running while trying not to slip on the water that's dripping off my hair, and my whole body is shaking from the freezing temperature.

But why is this kind of fun?

Changbin held my wrist in his hand the whole time, running while making sure I was behind him. Being a leader, I'd always been the one having others follow. Well, unless if I was with Olive since.. I'd just let him do all the work while I sat back and relaxed.

This kind of felt like that.

A bunch of men blocked our way in the cursed kitchen again. Changbin was quick to retreat, sprinting backwards while pulling me with him. Good thing he knew we couldn't take them all on alone.

Though I was willing to try..

Sitting by the counter we'd soon pass by was a bucket full of rubber piggies that would soon be used in the pool, and I turned the thing over while keeping up with Changbin's pulling. The men chasing us began jumping over them while looking like monkeys, so I kept knocking over everything I found while running, and left a trail of obstacles behind us. Grown men getting sidetracked by solid and pointy pig toys was one hell of a sight to see. Some lost their velocity, others fell face flat on the floor, while a minority tried to jump over them, ending up landing on sharper surfaces.