Chapter 28

Pov: Ra Minji

I sat out on one fight, and Changbin turned out to be the leader of the first unit of Black Galaxy. The shock was still present even though Scarlett had informed me quite a while ago. Now a bunch of Little Havens, including me, were invited over to unit 1 for joint training. Saying that I was intimidated was an understatement.

When I first arrived, Scarlett and Changbin were outside the building, waiting for our busses to arrive. There was nothing special about the exterior or interior of the building, but when I entered their massive training room, my nerves took over and I squeezed my hands together while staying close to my teammates. Agent Pak and Venus seemed to be indifferent to the situation as they walked around without a care in the world.

Not a minute later, groups of Black Galaxies barged in from the two doors like ants finding defenseless food lying around. I subconsciously took a step closer to agent Venus and she grinned down at me.

"I've been here before. They're agents just like us, Minji. We shouldn't treat them like enemies anymore. It's rude," she spoke, making me pay more attention to the expressions on everyone's faces. Most of the Black Galaxies had neutral, professional looks on, others were wearing mischievous grins, while very few had a displeased frown etched on their faces.

Alright. They're just as new to this as we are.

Even though my muscles relaxed, I still couldn't check out every single agent in the room. There were far too many to keep track of, and I didn't want to make eye contact with someone by accident. Despite my decision, I couldn't help but be paranoid. I definitely felt like someone was watching me, though I couldn't find anyone's eyes directed my way no matter how many times I checked.

Changbin finally grabbed everyone's attention when he began his announcement. His loud voice was surely useful in such situations. "As you all know, our unit and Little Haven are going to be working together from now on. We would like you to put your differences aside so we can focus on strengthening our power."

He looks like a completely different person. It's as if he's put on unbreakable armor.

Scarlett took it from there, her face a blank mask. "We have a unit to defeat, so any childish feuds will not be tolerated. We are all working towards the same goal. With that said, many have been confused about how this contract could be possible."

"So we would like to announce it now since both agencies are present," Changbin continued, a stiff smile giving life to his earlier poker face. He slowly raised the back of his hand up, and Scarlett soon followed, her slightly smaller hand stopping next to his in the air. At first, I didn't get what they meant, but as Changbin's lips parted again, my widened eyes fell on the matching rings on their ring fingers. "It was made possible through a marriage between the two agencies. This is a happy occasion, so we expect nothing but cooperation."

Huh?

I looked at agent Pak's confused face, then back at the married couple.

Huh?

I glanced at agent Venus who was hunched over, laughing hysterically, then back at the married couple.

Huhhh???

What's going on here?! Scarlett?! Out of all people, Scarlet? Got married????

I focused on Scarlett and she was mumbling something under her breath while Changbin hid his snort. They actually looked like a legitimate couple. Maybe Changbin was teasing her too much since Scarlett's elbow ended up in his stomach. He was quick to grab her arm and it didn't stop him from laughing.