Betty x Sweet Pea

Start from the beginning

"I want someone so much better than you" I said and he chuckled.

"I know that too" he said. I remained silent.

"You want me to spend the rest of the year apologising to you for treating you horribly and I'll do it because I love you" he started.

Hearing him say he loved me wasn't a shock. I feel the same way. I felt the same way.

"I use to love you" I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Deep down you still do and you're not going to lose those feelings angel" he said.

Hearing him speak like he knows my every move was irritating. He hasn't even apologised to me yet.

"You haven't apologised" I said to him.

"I will never be able to tell you how sorry I am for what I said to you Betts. I was angry and didn't think before I said what I said. Betts you need to know, I didn't mean a single word of it. I know you're one of the kindest and most selfless people I have ever met and I'm so lucky to have you in my life" he said softly as he moved so he was sitting next to me.

"You hurt me" I said and he let out a sigh.

"I know and I promise I'll work on making it up to you" he said and I remained silent.

I didn't have much to say to him. I'm glad he's apologising but it doesn't change the fact that he's really hurt me. It's not something I can get over with a simple apology.

"Please say something" he said worriedly.

"I cared about you more than anything. You were the one person who I always thought would be there for me" I started and I watched as a guilty look formed on his face.

"You meant the world to me. I don't know how you can say you love me yet you treated me like that" I said. His gaze remained looking down.

"I know I don't deserve you or your forgiveness. I really know I don't" he said as he fidgeted with his hands.

"It will never happen again Betty. I fucked up in a really bad way but you know what I'm like. How much I have always looked after you" he said, his gaze still away from me.

It really hurt me to see him upset. I truly love him and it's killing me right now that I'm not giving him a tight hug, telling him everything is okay.

Sweet Pea is right though, he's always been there for me and he's always looked after me. That's why it hurts so much. His outburst at me was something I never could have seen coming.

"If you want me to leave I will, I don't want to annoy you anymore than I have" he said.

"I want you to stay" I said. He turned to face me, a slightly confused look on his face.

It's not in me not to care about him. He can be reckless when he's not thinking straight and I don't want him hurt.

"You're mine Sweet Pea" I said and he nodded his head.

"Promise me you'll never say anything like that to me again" I told him seriously.

"Betty you have my word, that will never, ever happen again" he said and I nodded my head.

I moved myself so I was straddling him. I moved his hands so they were resting on my ass. I then moved my hands so they were caressing each side of his face.

"We're not dating yet but I can touch you" I said as I began kissing over the left side of his face.

"Of course Princess, whatever you need" he told me softly.

"You're mine" I repeated as I kissed his jaw, sucking hickeys along it.

"Tell me how much you love me" I told him as I placed the most lightest kiss on his lips.

"Beautiful, as soon as we met I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. I tried so hard to think of conversations for us to have just so I could keep you by my side. I've always been jealous of you and that dickhead. He could never love you the way you needed, the way I'll give you" he said as I moved to the right side of his face.

I kissed over his temple, light and soft kisses as I slowly trailed down his face.

"You're going to make me happier than he ever has?" I asked as I reached his jawline.

I licked, sucked and kissed over the sharp bone, enjoying the way he closed his eyes out of pure enjoyment.

"So much happier Betty" he said and to be fair, I knew he would.

He's been an amazing friend to me, I can't even possibly imagine how much greater things will be when we're in a relationship.

"Can I hug you?" He asked me. I shook my head no and gave me an understanding look.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on top of his.

"You're sleeping in the spare room" I said and I could feel as he nodded his head.

"Thank you" he said.

"I have to look after you" I said as I propped my head up and caressed his chin, lifting it so we were looking into each other's eyes.

"Because I care so much about you" I said.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed <3