"Nope." Huffing, I turned around. Not even seconds had passed before I felt his hands wrap around my waist. I was pulled back against his lean muscular front.

"You know, I'm really happy that you aren't leaving your job at Lewis Industries." He nuzzled my hair.

"For the time being." I reminded him.

"For the time being." He agreed.
……………….

Evan's POV

I poured ourselves some champagne and placed the bottle on the table beside the now cut cake.

"Yes, I'll call you tomorrow." She hung up and put the phone down.

"Who was it?" I passed her the glass of champagne.

"Bri." Pursuing my lips I observed her face to find something.

"What did she say?" I hesitantly asked, totally skeptical that Bri might have let it all out.

"That she adopted a baby elephant." She blankly stared at me while I gave her an unimpressed look.

"Obviously she called to wish me." She said it like I was stupid to ask. Well it did sound stupid though.

"Yeah." I muttered, relieved that she hadn't spilled it yet. Brae was about to take another sip before her face lit up in realization.

"She knows?" I mentally facepalmed myself.

"What?" I pretended to be unsure of what she meant.

"About tomorrow's surprise. She knows it, right? That's why you're asking if she had spilled something." I sighed and leaned back against the couch.

"And I'm now worried that you could really convince her into telling you and ruin my surprise." She made a thoughtful face before shifting closer.

"Don't worry. I won't." She whispered against my lips. I captured them with mine in a sweet kiss.

"I can taste the chocolate in your mouth." She smiled after breaking the kiss, her hand still in my hair. I tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"What about some hot birthday sex?" I asked, caressing her lower lip with my thumb.

"Sounds exciting." She playfully smiled at me while I smirked. Standing up, I tugged at her hand. She downed the remaining of the drink before letting me pull her to the bedroom.
…………………….

"Evan." I pushed open the door at Brae's call. Her long brown hair was pulled in a high ponytail, a few loose strands falling on her face. She was wearing a short dress which gave way to her long tan legs.

"Is this okay or should I go for something more casual?" She did a twirl, giving me a look of her complete attire. I realized how a small gesture like this could do something to my heart. I held her face between my hands and pressed my lips against hers.

"It's perfect." I said once we broke away.

"No, it isn't." I slightly furrowed my brows as she turned towards the mirror.

"Because you ate my lipstick away." She reapplied it on her lips before dropping it into her purse.

"Couldn't help it. Tastes good." We both chuckled.

" We both chuckled