UNEXPECTED ALLIANCE

Start from the beginning

Srishti nodded her head indicating that she wanted to say the same thing.

All the others stared as them and wondered if they had left their brains at home.

Pallavi: When her marriage is related to you, what else should I say?

Sameer: How is her marriage related to my marriage?

Aryan: Bhai, you didn't get it even now?

Prachi (chuckling): Jiju, we will officially call you jiju hereafter.

Sameer and Srishti look at each other. Shahana hugs them from back.

Ranbir: Bhai, mom is getting you and Srishti di married!

Srishti and Sameer: REALLY??!!

Pallavi: Wait. What did you mean by 'call you jiju officially'?

She asked raising her eye brows. She didn't like disturbance in studies in the name of love. The six of them looked at each other in panic. Just then, Vikram, their life saver spoke.

Vikram: Pallo, till date they used to call Sameer by his name, but from now, they can call him jiju.

Pallavi: Ok

She was not satisfied with the answer but did not dig into the matter more.

Pallavi: As Ranbir said, we are planning to get you both married but what Sameer said about her studies is correct too.....

Sameer wanted to beat himself for saying that earlier. What if his mother took the words seriously and fix his marriage with someone else now?

Pallavi: But we believe in both of you. Sameer will take a good care of her and she will continue studying dedicatedly as always.

Meera: Srishti, I know your dreams and you can fulfil it after marriage too. The final decision rests on you if you accept this alliance or not. 

Pallavi: Speaking about dreams, Sameer is going to act in Kundali Bhagya as per his dream.

Aryan: Really bhai! It's so cool.

Pallavi: If it had been another job, I would have waited for the marriage but there is a reason I hate this profession. People spread useless gossips and spoil the actor's life. I don't my Sameer's life to be spoiled and I know you are smart enough to stand by him in all circumstances as you know each other from childhood.

Srishti: Yes aunty

Pallavi: If you don't agree, I have to search another bride for my son.

Srishti: Noooo

The elders look at her with shock.

Srishti: I mean I can't deny or disappoint you. I'm ready for the marriage.

Everyone becomes happy and hug each other.

Disha: Pallavi, when will we conduct the engagement?

Pragya: We should fix the date of marriage soon.

Pallavi: Sameer's workshop will start from the next month and Srishti has her exams from the mid of this month. So, we can conduct the engagement on this weekend and the marriage on the month end.

Dadi: It's a perfect plan.

Meera: Then we will go to shopping tomorrow.

As soon as they heard the word shopping, the colour faded from the males' faces. Abhi and Purab looked at their respective daughters for help. Vikram looked at his sons, but they themselves were searching for someone to save them. They knew that of these four ladies started shopping, they will forget everything and stop only at midnight.

Srishti: We have our college tomorrow, so we won't be able to accompany you.

Meera: Ok

Ranbir and Aryan thanked her through gestures.

Prachi: Also maa, what will dad do there? He and uncles will waste your time, so don't take them too.

Pragya: You are correct. We will go with dadi and Sameer.

Sameer was thinking how to escape when dadi messaged him to compensate her later for the help.

Dadi: Sorry girls, I have to go to the temple with Sameer for a ritual before the marriage. He will take me to the temple and as the ritual requires only 1 person, you all don't need to come.

Pallavi: Ok, we four will go for shopping. Kids, you can only invite your close ones for the marriage as much people shouldn't know about it. Also, it's totally Sameer and Srishti's wish about whom they want to invite as we don't people to tease them for early marriage.

Everyone nodded their heads. The elder were talking among themselves and the youngsters were free to discuss among themselves.

Shahana: Whom shall we invite?

Prachi: Whom are we most close to in the college?

Aryan: Shahana

Ranbir: Prachi

Shahana: Anyone else?

Prachi: I think no.

Ranbir: This means we are not going to tell or invite anyone from college.

Aryan: Obviously, but what about Dimpy?

He smirked at Shahana as Dimpy was her enemy. Moreover, Dimpy always flirted with Aryan.

Shahana: Yes, do invite her so that she can flirt with you. As Pallavi aunty keeps an eye on us, she will ask who invited this flirt and then I will gladly reply that it's the work of her idiotic last son. You know very well that would happen next.

Aryan felt silent as he had no way to find a fault in her answer.

Everyone finished eating. It was late at night.

Pallavi: Ok girls, we'll meet at the boutique tomorrow.

Aryan (imitating): Ok girls, we will meet at the college tomorrow.

Ranbir laughed at him and hit him on the head. All of them went to their homes happy with the unexpected alliance.

 All of them went to their homes happy with the unexpected alliance