UNEXPECTED ALLIANCE

Srishti was playing with her food without any desire to eat

Srishti was playing with her food without any desire to eat. Sameer was watching her from a distance. She had not realized the arrival of Sameer's family.

Pallavi: Sameer, why are you standing here? Go and sit beside Srishti.

Srishti sees Sameer and it becomes hard for her to control her heart and tears. Sameer sits beside her as there was no other empty seat. Everyone was happy except these two. They were playing with the food. Pallavi saw them.

Pallavi: Sameer! Srishti!

Both jerked and turned towards her.

Pallavi: You shouldn't play with food. Eat it.

Both of them obeyed immediately as they knew messing with food was equal to messing with Pallavi. She was very strict about food habits.

Prachi: Why are these two so silent today?

Ranbir: Even I was thinking the same. There is no smile on their faces.

Shahana: They look as if they have sacrificed something.

Aryan: Yeah, the same look you had when Disha aunty had forbidden you to steal chocolates from the fridge.

Shahana: No. The same as you had when Pallavi aunty had beaten you for watching F TV without telling anyone.

Hearing them, Prachi and Ranbir burst out into laughter. Ranbir and Prachi had a slight crush on each other but only God knew when they would gather the courage to confess it.

Pallavi: Ok kids, the reason why we had this dinner tonight is to announce about the function going to happen in our family.

All the six looked at her. Prachi, Ranbir, Shahana and Aryan looked at her with excitement while Srishti and Sameer looked just because they had to. All the while, Sameer never thought why hadn't the bride's family arrived as he was not at all interested.

Aryan: I knew it before itself that there is some surprise for us when I saw you at Srishti di's house. Also dadi had made sweets. I.....

Pallavi: Will you let me speak or blabber like this the entire night?

Pallavi glared at him and he shut his mouth. Pallavi turned to the others.

Pallavi: The good news is.....

Aryan: This means Disha aunty, Purab uncle, Pragya aunty, Abhi uncle, Meera aunty, King uncle and dad knew about it!

Pallavi: Aryan!!!

Aryan: Sorry.

Pallavi: Before he says anything more, let me tell the good news. We have planned to get Sameer and Srishti married.

Prachi, Ranbir, Shahana and Aryan squealed in happiness. Srishti and Sameer got shocked.

Sameer: Mom, you have rights to decide only about my marriage not Srishti's. She is still studying. How can you fix her marriage with someone like this? We were here to discuss about my marriage, then why are you discussing about hers?