BROKEN SOULS

Pallavi sat on the couch with a coffee mug and starts reading the letter that Sameer had given to her

Pallavi sat on the couch with a coffee mug and starts reading the letter that Sameer had given to her. Sameer was standing in front of her with nervousness. She completed reading it and took a deep breathe. She did not reply but drank coffee for five minutes which was needed to decide about her son's future. Only five minutes was too short to decide about someone's future and most mother can not do that. But, she could. She was tough mother who loved her sons unconditionally but was never blinded by love for them.

Pallavi: So, you gave auditions for the Kundali Bhagya telly series without informing me?

Sameer gulped down his saliva. He knew very well that he had misused his mother's freedom by lying that he was going on a trip with his friends but went to Mumbai to give audition for the telly series Kundali Bhagya. He had executed his plan perfectly. Even his brother did not know about it. The only person who knew about it was his girlfriend, Srishti.

He has been in love with Srishti since the last two years. He knew her from childhood as Srishti and Sameer's moms were friends. Not only they, but also Shahana's and Prachi's moms were also friends. So, the six of them had grown together since childhood. Sameer was the eldest among them. They had always roamed together in school and then in college too. They fought with  and teased each other but never allowed others to harm any of them.

Sameer: I'm sorry mom.

Pallavi: So, it's true that you gave the audition. Fine, I'll agree to let you act under a condition.

She looked at Sameer for an answer.

Sameer: Sure mom

Pallavi: If you marry the girl I choose, I'll allow you to act.

Sameer's eyes widened in shock. He had never expected his mother to say so. He would have gladly married if the bride was Srishti, but he did not have the guts to tell his mother as Srishti was still studying and their parents hated any kind of distraction during studies. This meant that he had to forget his passion for acting. But he also knew that good chances don't comet twice. Love or Passion? He was confused. He tried to reason with his mom.

Sameer: Mom, I am too young to marry. I haven't settled or found myself a job.

Pallavi: See Sameer, I have already selected a girl for you. I too wish to see you chase your dreams but I am afraid of the gossips in the telly industry. I am not saying that acting is bad but the rumours may spoil your life. I don't want to stop your dream also. So, I decided to get you married to a girl who will understand you in every situation. Now, the decision rests on you.

Sameer thinks for a while. His heart was not ready to give up either Srishti or acting.

Sameer: Mom, I need some time.

Though Pallavi was strict, she was not cruel. She always let her sons present their views. She was like a friend to them.

Pallavi: Your wish