SOMETHING IS FISHY

Aryan and Ranbir kept looking towards the corridor through out the class in hope to see Srishti

Aryan and Ranbir kept looking towards the corridor through out the class in hope to see Srishti. But there was no sign of her. They got worried for her. Where was she? They hoped to find her in the canteen. As soon as the class got over, they rushed there. Srishti was not there, only her bag and belongings were lying on the table. They checked the parking lot and found her scooty.

Aryan: Where she might be?

Ranbir: Let me call her.

Ranbir called her several times but she did not realize it. After 2-3 times, Sameer took her mobile and picked up the call.

Ranbir (tensely): Are you ok, di?

Sameer: She is fine and with me. She is sleeping.

Ranbir: Ok bhai. You drop her home and we will bring her scooty.

Sameer: Ok.

Ranbir informed Aryan about it. By then, Shahana and Prachi had also come. He told them too. The girls went home in their respective cars while Aryan drove Srishti's scooty and Ranbir followed him in their car. Srishti had always preferred scooty over a car as she loved the cool breeze caressing her face. They reached Srishti's house and were surprised to see their mother's car parked there. They parked the vehicles and entered the house. Pallavi and Meera were chatting happily. Aryan and Ranbir exchanged a quick glance and went to them.

Aryan: What's up mom?

Pallavi (surprised): That's what I should ask you. What are you doing here?

Ranbir: Srishti di went out with Sameer bhai, so we came to park her scooty.

Pallavi and Meera exchanged surprising looks and looked at the boys.

Aryan: What are you doing here mom?

Pallavi: Excuse me, before your friend's house, it's my friend's house. I can meet her whenever I wish.

Aryan knew well that he couldn't get any information from his mom so easily. But, he wanted to know the reason of his mom's sudden visit to Srishti's house. Ranbir sat beside Pallavi, took the snacks kept in front of them and began eating without speaking anything.

Aryan: Where is dadi?

Meera: She is in the kitchen preparing sweets.

Aryan: Sweets? Is there anything special?

Dadi: Yes. Pallavi came to our house, so I prepared sweets.

Ranbir and Aryan looked at each other. There was something fishy going on but it was useless to ask. So, they kept mum. After a chit chat, it was time to leave.

Pallavi: Meet you at Moonlight Restaurant tonight.

Aryan: Restaurant? But why?

Ranbir (hit Aryan's head): What do we go to a restaurant for?