Kinda forgot he was there.

"Anastasia shut your shit hole up and Jade since you're her new bestie, both of you get the hell out of here. And everyone else if you don't have something to do, go home!!" He bellowed. Shock registers on everybody's face before they all dash away in different directions, Jade following Anastasia.

I swayed, the full weight of the situation taking its toll as my legs give out under me. Nick catches me before I fall, setting me down slowly.

I sighed.

"You okay hon?" A sweet voice asked. I looked up to see her face which looked oddly familiar, staring down at me in concern. "I'm Nicole."

Ah that's it.

"Nick's sister." I managed to croak out.

"You relax, she's gone now." She said reassuringly.

"For now." I mumble. "My best friend." I groaned, hurt consuming me.

"Jade? She's always been bitchy, I guess she really never liked you. So sorry about the whole situation, she shouldn't have said that." She said frowning.

"Hmm." Is all I could say.

"You'll be fine." Nick whispered soothingly in my ear. I sighed sullenly. I would have never imagined this; breaking down but not having my best friend to comfort me.

"Let's get you up." Nicole said pulling me up. I dusted myself off and Nick does the same.

"Remember you need to be strong for her; you need to be strong Skye." Nicole was right: I needed to be strong for Meadow.

"I really appreciate your help guys, I owe you one." I chuckled humorlessly, trying to lighten the mood. Nick smiled sadly.

"You'll be fine." He promised and I nodded, a lot more to myself than anyone. I'll be fine.

"Now let's get you to your beautiful daughter." Nicole cooed. I smiled to myself.

We walked back to the playground seeing Zayde and Meadow curled up on the grass.

Nicole cooed and awed startling Zayde and alerting him and Meadow of my presence. Meadow skipped over while Zayde remained seated assessing me.

"Mummy, Mummy, Mummy! Are you okway? Did that mean gwirl huwt you? I don't like her, she's a meanie, I do like Zaydey! He's nice! We went out on the slide and the swings and he bwought me candy and twold me a story! And he's so funny, I like him mummy." She rambled cutely.

I laughed, picking her up. "He's amazing Mummy!"

"He is, isn't he." I said, my eyes on Zayde. He smiles.

Meadow yawned. "I'm tired Mummy, can we go bwack to Nana's?" She chirped.

"Okay baby." I said, stroking her hair.

"I brought my car, I'll help you." Zayde says.

Nicole doesn't really look that surprised anymore, even though she probably just heard him speak for the second time now.

The five of us got into to Z's car. Me, in the backseat with Nicole and Meadow on my lap while Zayde drives and Nick sits beside him. The drive to my Grandmother's was total silence, except for me telling Z the address. I guess everyone was as tired and drained as I was then.

We got to Nana's, and Zayde hands his keys over to Nick and tells him to take his sister home.

"But what about you man?" Nick worriedly asked.

"I can't leave her alone." Zayde simply says. I felt touched. Feeling brave, I took his hand in mine and squeezed, conveying my gratitude. He squeezed back, his look one of reassurance.

Nick nodded with a smirk and got into the car. Nicole followed. I smiled and waved good night as they drove off. Adjusting a sleeping Meadow in my arms, I headed over to the door. Zayde met me halfway, finally brushing his hair out of his other eye and taking my baby girl into his arms. He holds her effortlessly with one hand, putting the other around me and supporting me.

"Thank you." I whispered weakly, putting my arms around his waist.

"No problem, don't mention it." He replied smiling at me as I pressed the doorbell. I heard Nana's soft footsteps padding over to the door as she twisted the handle and and the lock, opening the door.

"Olivia I was expecting- Oh, who do we have here?" She smirked.

"Olivia?"

"Middle name." I shrugged.

"Nana this is Zayde, can he stay over? I had a long afternoon in the park and so did Meadow." I said assuming that it's around five.

"Si, of course come in and welcome." She smiled warmly.

"Thank you ma'am." He says politely.

"Just call me Rose, I insist." She says as he steps in first and wiggled her eyebrows at me when he passed. I rolled my eyes.

"So...." She trails off with a sly smile.

"It's nothing Nan, I'm going to get Meadow to bed." I said.

"And get someone else into bed too." She smirked. I grumbled, my face turning red in embarrassment. I turned aside. Few metres away, Zayde was looking around the house.

"Come on Zaydey, let's get her to bed." I said, moving ahead of him and climbing the stairs he follows before he realised what I called him.

"Did you just call me Zaydey?" He asked incredulously. I stifle a laugh.

"Meadow started it." I quipped.

"Meadow....." He trailed off softly. "She's wonderful."

I turned to see him staring down at her warmly. I smiled.

"Has the bad boy gone soft?" I cooed pinching his cheeks. He smirked as I turn around and continue walking up the stairs.

"Nice arse." He said out of the blue. I nearly stumble and splutter embarrassingly.

"Wh-what?" I asked dumbly, cheeks aflame.

"I have a pretty good view luv, you're not even wearing sweats today." He said smirking.

"Can we just get my daughter to bed." I coughed out. His smirk fell at the mention of daughter and he lowered his head to look at her curled up in his arms as he frowned.

"I know I've got lots to explain." I say and he nods as we continue up the stairs reaching Meadows room.

It was then I realised I was letting him in for the first time. Too late now.

I pushed open the door, ushering Zayde in and setting the bed for her.

Zayde came out from behind me and I moved to the side as he gently laid her down on the bed, brushing a stray strand of hair out of her face. I smirked at him when he turns back to me, cheeks slightly red.

"You're good with kids." I said to him as cheeks colour even more.

"We need to talk." He sae his face turning serious.

"Chill man, we're not even dating." I snorted; he simply just blinked at me, his eyes not even showing any hum our.

I sighed loudly, my facade dropping in an instant.

"Fluffy." He said softly, brushing my hair with his fingers. I lean closer to him.

"Let's go somewhere else okay?" I said, my voice hoarse, tears threatening to spill out.

He shushed me, carrying my weight as he takes me out of the room. I lead into the guest room and I crashed on the bed, Zayde following suit. I make myself comfortable and he does the same. He begins to rub comforting circles on my back.

"Okay." I sniffled. "I'm ready." I say turning to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good? Bad? Okay? Let me know in the comments.