Chapter 11 Birthday

Start from the beginning

Sorano giggled, wrapped her arms around my arm, "Ayato never really cared about that. After all, we met way before I became an idol." She looked up at me, a smile on her face, "Right?" I nodded. "Ayato's the only true friend I ever had."

"Really? That's surprising," Emma commented with a smile, "You seem like a nice girl."

"I was bullied a lot when I was younger because of my heterochromia eyes. It was before they became popular. Ayato would protect me from the bullies. And we became good friends."

"That's a stupid reason to bully someone," I heard Mitsuya comment.

Sorano shrugged, "It doesn't bother me because I met Ayato because of it. A girl never forgets her first love."

I sighed, "Why are you bringing that up? Last time I did you said you hated me."

"I remember that," Matsuno commented.

"As I said back then," she told us, "I was young and stupid."

"What was Yato like when he was younger?" Mikey asked her, seeming interested in knowing what his younger sibling was like as a child.

"I'll tell you but none of you have told me your names yet."

I pointed at them one by one, "Mikey. Mitsuya. Pah. Draken. Matsuno. Emma. Yukimura. Baji. What?"

"You didn't use any honorifics," she warmly smiled, "I'm so happy."

"That is a weird thing to be happy about, weirdo."

"It means you've let them in. You kept using the most formal honorifics to draw a line between you and others. Now you aren't doing that. Why wouldn't I be happy about that?" She hugged my arm, "I remember you used to call me, Sora. Just Sora when we first met."

She was right. Back then, I was happy to have made a friend that was a girl. We were so close.

I pulled my arm away to pull her to my body, "Yeah. Sorry I made you worry all this time."

She shook her head, returning the embrace, "No. It's okay."

"Aw," Yukimura cooed, "They would make such a cute couple."

"No," both Sorano and I said at the same time.

"As much as I love Ayato, he just isn't my type," she said, pulling away from me. I nodded my head to indicate I felt the same way.

Emma smiled, "What exactly is your type then? Maybe us girls could help with some matchmaking."

Yukimura giggled, "I'm in."

"Hm," Sorano hummed, "I'm not really sure honestly."

The girls began to have their own conversation on the side away from the boys to talk about boys. It was a conversation I did not have the luxury to be a part of even though I was also a girl.

I felt an arm around my shoulder. I already knew who's arm it was. Baji.

"Are you crazy?" I heard Pah say, "Letting a girl like that go?"

"She is beautiful, talented, and-" Mitsuya added.

I cut him off, "You have my blessing to try to date her, Mitsuya." His face turned pink. "Maybe she can wear some of your designs."

"That would be cute," Mikey teased.

"That- Wait. I'm not-"

"You're getting redder," Draken added with a teasing smirk down at his friend.