Chapter 1: The Entrance Exam.

Start from the beginning

"Wh-What?" Hizashi stuttered, feeling bad for making him repeat himself.

"I asked if you were in ground beta too." The raven said a bit louder so the blonde could hear him.

"Oh, uh, yeah." Yamada said with a nervous laugh and rubbed the back of his neck. He smiled down at the tired looked boy but he didn't return it.

"My name is Shota, by the way, Shota Aizawa."

"I'm Hizashi Yamada!" The blonde said happily with a big toothy smile. The ravenette simply nodded and rubbed his eyes.

Soon enough everyone was able to enter the training ground. Shota shoved his hands into his packets and walked ahead into the training ground, Hizashi slowly followed behind him.

The blonde looked around and watched as everything got ready for it to start. He looked over at Aizawa and watched as he slipped on black fingerless gloves. Everyone seemed so much more prepared for this when Hizashi was.

"Aaaaand, go!" The announcer yelled, snapping Hizashi from his own thoughts. The blonde jaw dropped as he watched Aizawa swing from building to building with his scarf. 'Damn..' he thought to himself before shaking his head and ran to catch up.

The blonde ran around destroying robot after robot, finally able to not worry about keeping himself quiet or not activating his quirk. This was an opportunity of a lifetime to get into the UA hero course and he wasn't going to let anything get in the way.

"YEAHHHHHH!" Hizashi yelled, activating his quirk and all of the robots around him blew up. The blonde groaned slightly and rubbed his throat, that had gotten sore from yelling. He turned around and widened his eyes when he saw the massive robot that they were told to avoid. He went to run away with everyone else but stopped himself in his tracks when he saw a familiar face trapped under some rubble.

Yamada widened his eyes when he saw the robot getting closer and closer to Aizawa. Without thinking twice about it, he ran as fast as he could to save the boy he had just met. The blonde took a big deep breath in before activating his quirk. "YEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. Tears began to well in the corners of his eyes and he felt as though his throat was tearing from the pain running through it. The humongous robot slowly collapsed and blew up, shaking and crumbling the ground around them.

Hizashi quickly ran over to Aizawa and pulled him from the rubble, lifting him up. He ran from the explosion with Shota in his arms. When they were at a safe distance he gently set the ravenette down before going into a coughing fit, covering his mouth with his hand.  "Owwe.." The blonde whined.

Aizawa looked up at Yamada. "Thank you, Yamada. Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Are you okay?" The blonde asked, his voice slightly raspy. He gave the ravenette a big bright smile and a thumbs up.

"Aaaaand that's times uuuup!" The announcer yelled as the buzzer sounded.

———

After the written exam was over Hizashi slowly made his way back home. He had his hands in his pockets and was bobbing his head to the music he was listening to through headphones. The blonde opened his eyes and looked around at his surroundings until his gaze fell upon that same familiar face once again. He smiled brightly and rushed over to him. "Aizawa!" He yelled, making the raven look back at him.

"Oh, hey, Yamada. You live down here too?" Shota asked, rubbing his tired eyes as he continued to walk side by side with Hizashi.

"Yeah, I do! And please call me Hizashi, yo!" The blonde beamed and a smile. Aizawa sighed and rolled his eyes.

"You're so noisy.."

"O-oh..sorry." Hizashi apologies, his heart sinking slightly but he does it best to hide that the comment effected him. "Hey, wanna listen to some music Zawa?" He asked, smiling again.

"Sure thing." He grumbled. The blonde handed him one of his earphones to Shota.

They walked side by side, arriving at Aizawa's place first. Yamada walked him to the door and they said their goodbyes to each other before parting ways. The young blonde smiled softly to himself as he walked back home, thinking about his new friend.