The Accursed Capture Flag Game

I tightened my armor that on my left arm as I watched the other camper prepare for the Capture the Flag game. Even all the Aphrodite cabin was already ready for the game tonight, when I finished with it, I walked up towards Percy who seemed to be in a heated argument with Thalia, who happened to be sending Percy into the backline, to guard the flag.

"I can help you in front!" Percy insisted "Why are you putting me in the back?!"

"Why?! Because you will be better in defense than attacking" Thalia said "My shield will be the most effective weapon against them!"

"Who was born and make you the leader?!" Percy yelled, "We never pointed you as one!"

Thalia's hand twitched and I heard a faint crackle of electricity. I groaned and quickly stepped between them.

"Enough!" I yelled "Stop fighting! We are supposed to work together not against each other!"

"Reiner, you must agree with me!" Percy yelled, "I can be useful in front!"

"No!" Thalia said "You better be back there watched the flag! That task is more important!"

"What?! Attacking is also more important!" Percy yelled back.

"ENOUGH!" I yelled and both of them stopped.

"Listen!" I began to yell "Thalia, you and your shield are useful upfront, so you will be in the front line! Percy no offense, but with your power, you will be guarding the flag. You can use your power to hold back any hunter that is about to enter our territory or escape with our flag! I first will join Thalia in the attack and then hide to guard on the Hunter territory, I will try as best as I can to prevent them to enter our territory and help our team to enter their territory. The flag is very important, so Percy guard it and try to push the hunter back as much as you can! And Thalia, you focus on the enemy flag, I will try to open a way for you" I finished and looked at Thalia and Percy.

Thalia and Percy looked at me with thoughtful looks, before they nodded and started to prepare their gear. I exhaled slowly as I massaged my forehead, this is going to be a long night. So after that, we ran towards our representative territory and waited for Chiron to blow the horn. Right at my side Thalia, breathing steadily as she watched the other side intently. When I heard the sound of the horn, we ran separately towards the Hunter side. Some of the Apollo kids started to climb the tree and tried to be silent as possible, they waited there to stop any Hunter that managed to cross the border. I quickly ready my weapon as I jumped over the river and landed on the other side, I quickly ran to the left side and tried to separate myself from Thalia, but keeping her figure in my peripheral view. I heard a few footsteps and I quickly entered the combination for a fire arrow, I pulled the string and waited for the right moment. When I saw a glimpse of silver I quickly released the arrow and it landed near two hunter feet, I pushed the button again and the arrow started to explode a little and the area in front of the hunter started to catch on fire.

I heard a curse in ancient Greek as I kept on moving, now for the important thing. I have to open a way for Thalia and distract the hunter so they didn't put their attention on her. I quickly entered the combination of explosive arrows and I ran deeper into the woods while shooting the arrow into the sky, when it's high enough, I pushed the button again an explosion rang through the night, and a bright fire lightened up the whole area around me. I smirked when I heard a commotion around me, a few hunters ran towards me and they glared at me.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" one of the growled

"Catch me if you can," I said and turned around to run again.

They yelled in anger as they cursed at me, I quickly guided them into an area that full of traps, courtesy of Hermes kid. I saw a glimpse of Connor's helmet and I pulled an arrow again, I aimed at a random apple that somehow randomly sat on a stone near him. It's not random though, it's part of the plan we discuss during the afternoon. I shot at it and my arrow hit the apple and the apple got stuck on a tree a few feet in a tree in front of it. Then I heard a few feminine screams in anger and surprise. I stopped and turned only to find the Hunter hung in the air suspended by a net that made from rope that hard to cut, courtesy from Hephaestus cabin. I gave Connor a high five as the Hunter screamed at us from above.