Connecting and helping a friend

I was enjoying my weekend by basking in the sunlight in the beach, I felt myself relaxing under the sunlight. After all the things happened for the last weeks, I deserved a break. So, after breakfast I quickly headed to the beach and laid there. Before I close my eyes I heard footsteps and someone sat right beside me. I glanced at found Thalia sitting right next to me, she looked a bit distracted, and I could see bag under her eyes.

"Hey" she muttered weakly.

I quickly pushed myself from the sand and studied her carefully "Couldn't sleep?"

Thalia only nodded as she suppressed a yawn "Yeah, couldn't sleep when you have you father statue glaring at you when you tried to sleep"

I chuckled at her words, almost forgot that there was a giant statue of Zeus inside Thalia cabin.

"Still dreaming of Kronos?" I asked.

Thalia body stiffened after I mentioned Kronos "Hey, after lunch I want to spar with you again" she avoided my question.

"Thalia" I said her name slowly "Don't let him get into your head. He's trying to break you, slowly"

"Enough!" Thalia yelled "Just, don't. I don't want to talk about it"

I frowned at her "Well, for your information I had him in my dream too" I looked at the calm ocean "But, I never bother to think about it again. Not, when I still a lot of people that I need to protect from him. So, I had to in my best shape to never let anything he showed me in my dream happened to them"

I felt Thalia eyes bored into my head "How?" her voice quiver a bit "How could you be so strong?"

I turned only to see tears formed on the corner of her eyes, she furiously wiped it, she clearly didn't want to cry in front of me, whom she considered a rival. And I understand her condition now. Clearly being a daughter of the king of the god became a burden for her. A lot of camper looked up to her because of her father, and she couldn't look weak in front of them. Also the fact that she almost dying in the hand of the monster and her father transformed her into a tree. And then her sudden arrival into this world again after spend some time as a tree. To make thing worse, the great prophecy that said one of the big three kids will decided the fate of the world when they reached 16 years old. That means Thalia only get 2 years to decide on it, and that's why Kronos is so determined to break her and made her to join his side.

She tightened her fist as she looked at her lap, clearly she fought the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes. All of that burden and responsibility is too hard for her, I could see it. She just want to enjoy life as a normal girl, but instead she forced to face this. She didn't want to ask for help, because in people eyes she's a strong person. A person that managed to fend off a horde of monster while let her friends entered the camp safely, a person who managed to stay alive for a long time outside the camp where monster roamed free. A strong person because her father is Zeus, the god of the sky and lightning also the kings of the gods. She believed people wanted her to lead, she's believed people saw her as a strong and independent girl. But, beneath all of that, I saw a girl who wanted somebody to understand her sorrow and a shoulder to share her burden with, a girl who wanted to enjoy her life to the fullest without have to thinking monster and the gods.

I reached out and did one thing, I pulled her into a hug.

****

-Third Person POV-

Thalia felt her hear skipped a beat when Reiner suddenly pulled her into a hug. Reiner smelt like a mixed between vanilla and honey, and Thalia could hear his steady heartbeat. Usually she hated it when someone had to comfort her aside from Luke. She never showed her weakness to anyone aside from people whom she really trust. She hated the fact that Reiner could read all her problem just like that, she hated it when she almost had a break down in front of him. For Thalia, Reiner is her rival, just like Percy. She wanted to be the best from both of them, to prove that she's strong because of herself, not because her father is Zeus. She wanted to earn the respect from the other camper because she deserved it, not because her father fame.

But, looks like Reiner able to see through it all and she hated it. She hated it when she looked Reiner in the eyes and she saw a lot of things inside those blue eyes. Reiner sometimes seemed older than he is and wiser, like an adult. Thalia gripped Reiner front shirt and could felt her tears finally fell down to her cheek and to the sand beneath them. Thalia oddly felt safe on Reiner arm, and she secretly loved the feelings. It remind her of Luke before he betrayed the camp, so kind and gentle.

"It's okay" she heard Reiner voice "I'm here you know. You don't have to fight alone"

"How did you cope?" she asked quietly.

"Uh, honestly. Percy and the other made me realized that I have friends and allies that willing to fight by my side, and I didn't have to fight alone" Reiner answered honestly "Because, Kronos wanted us to break every connection we had with the people we love, so we felt lonely. And that's what he wanted, for us to isolate ourselves from them. It's easier to convince us when we are lonely"

Thalia felt Reiner word slapped her hard in the face, it's kinda hurt her pride, but it's the truth. If what Reiner said is true then Kronos sure had invaded his dream too. She remembered the day when Reiner is looked like a mess and depressed.

"I can help you" Reiner said and patted her head gently "You are not alone Thalia" then he chuckled lightly "We are basically buddies, since we have Kronos inside out dreams"

Thalia smiled on Reiner chest "You really are strange"

"Shut it" Reiner said in playful tone "Just enjoy my hug Pinecone Face, I rarely gave people a hug and you enjoy it right?"

Thalia blushed instantly and pushed Reiner away from her. She kinda missed his warmth and his scent. She glared at the boy who only smiled at her, his eyes twinkle with joy and happiness, and that sight alone enough to make Thalia cracked a smile.

"There, you're smiling now" Reiner said and stretched his arm upwards "Your pretty face is more suited for that kind of smile"

Thalia went even redder as she glared at Reiner "Stop being a flirt, Pretty boy"

Reiner only chuckled and shook his head while slowly pushed himself up "Whatever, so still want to spar with me?"

Thalia smiled once again and stood up "Fine. But..." she sharpened her glared and Reiner only raised his eyebrow at Thalia "Don't ever breathe a word about our little meeting, or a huge lightning bolt will strike you randomly"

"Whoa, threatening already" Reiner smirked as he pushed Thalia shoulder lightly "Fine, I won't tell a soul"

After that Reiner turned and walked in front of her towards the field where they always spar together. Thalia held her hand over her chest and felt that her heart still thump against her chest loudly.

"Damn, what's wrong with me?" she mumbled quietly and looked at Reiner back "Did I....did I fall for him?"

Thalia quickly slapped her cheek with both of her hand, no, maybe it's just the after effect of his hug. Thalia blushed again when she remembered the hug, the felt of Reiner arm and chest. And also the fact she felt safe when he hug her. She didn't notice that a certain goddess only watched everything with a glee.

The said goddess only swoon at the fact and she giggled again.

"Well, this is interesting." the goddess said while twirled her hair "I can't wait to see Zeus reaction to this. This will be perfect since Zeus didn't like Reiner. This will be very interesting, or maybe I could put more choices for him" a squeal escaped her perfect lips "Oh, that would be perfect!"

Reiner could only sneezed loudly in the distance, unaware that a certain goddess started to mess with his love life.