Asking for a blessing for my mom

"Rei-Reiner" my mom eyes went wide when she saw me stood in front of the door.

I sent her a small smile as I shuffled nervously "Uh, hey mom. I-I want to talk with you, about something"

"La-Lady Aphrodite" my mom stuttered when she saw Aphrodite stood not too far behind me. The goddess of love only nodded her head slightly at my mom.

"Come in" my mom moved away from the doorway, as I took a step forward.

I inhaled slowly as I took the scent of the apartment, the faint of chocolate scent, cookies and homemade cooking. I missed this feeling, and I missed home.

"So?" my mom looked at me as she took a seat in the couch, eyes training on me "What this is about Reiner?"

I gulped nervously "I-I uh, want your blessing"

My mom blinked slowly as she looked at me, then her eyes widened and turned her head quickly towards Aphrodite who busy painted her nail "You want to marry her?!" she suddenly shrieked.

Aphrodite stopped painting her nail as she looked at my mom with funny looks "I would love to, but your son still a minor. But, I would totally marry your son" and she winked at my mom then continued to polish her nail innocently, unaware that she freak the hell out of my mom.

"Reiner!" she scolded me "Did you slept with...Lady Aphrodite?!"

My eyes went wide and I blushed heavily "What?! No?! Gosh, mom! I would never do that, well, maybe someday, but no!"

My mom stormed towards me and began to pull my ear "I think I you said something that you shouldn't have young man"

"Okay, okay" I whined at her "I'm just joking! Stop pulling my ear! I'm not 12"

My mom finally let my ear go, as she went back to her previous position. I whined loudly to the goddess of the love who didn't give a single fuck about what just happened in front of her, just because her pretty mouth! I cleared my throat as I tried to form the sentences on my mind, my mom kept staring at me while she fiddled with her finger, nervously waiting for me to say something.

"I need your blessing for me to bathe in the River Styx" I said and made sure that I didn't stutter or said it too fast.

Silence, pure silence. Nobody moved or said anything, and nobody wanted to break the uncomfortable silence. Finally my mom opened her mouth and said

"No"

Her voice firm and I saw that her eyes hardened for a few moment.

"I won't allow it" she said it again.

"But, why?" I asked.

My mom shook her head "What are you thinking?!" she yelled at me "Why are you want to do that?!"

"Because..." I paused for a moment and looked my mom in her eyes "I wanted to fight Kronos! And this is the only way to do it, I can't fight him in this state, he would kill me instantly! I need the Achilles curse to stay alive during the fight!!"

My mom bit her lower lip "No, I won't allow you to do it"

"Why?" I asked.

My mom looked at me with serious looks, but I caught sadness on her eyes "Because, I don't want to lose you! They've already taken you away from me! And now they want you to kill The King of the Titan!"

"Mom, please" I pleaded at her "This is the only way for me to win against him. I-" I blinked as I trailed my eyes into my lap "I promise you didn't I. I promise you that I will come back to you, alive"

I heard a soft sob came from my mom, I lifted my head quickly and saw a single tear escape my mom eyes. She hurriedly wipe her tears as she clenched her free hand.

"Why is has to be you?" she muttered softly but loud enough so I can hear it "Why you has to suffer again? And for what? For the humanity? For the world?" she laughed coldly "Honestly, I don't care about that. I only care about you, you are my son. If I had to destroy the world just to make you safe I'll do it"

"Mom" I said as I moved in front of her, I crouched in front of her and grabbed her hand softly.

"But, I can't" she said and more tears came from her eyes "I can't destroy the world that my son trying so hard to protect it! I can't destroy the world when my own son risk his own life to protect it!"

"Mom, I-" I looked her with determined look "I'm a hero. And I can't go back now, not when I said that I will protect anyone from Kronos" I wiped her tears softly "But, remember this. I will always come back to you. After all, I'm your son"

"But, why it has to be you?" she asked me "From all the demigods that exist, why it has to be you? You already done enough Reiner! You already sacrifice enough! Just stop it! Please, stop doing things that can kill you just because you want you safe your friend!"

"Mom, I'm the one who can fight Kronos. The prophecy doesn't bound me, and Kronos couldn't predict my action because of it! I want to do this mom, because I want to protect everyone that important to me. I want to create a safe world for you and my friend to live, I want to make sure that you are safe. That's why I'm doing this, it's for you mom" I explained again, and hoping this time my mom understand my reason.

My mom bit her bottom lip and she started to lost on her own thought, her eyes casted into her laps as she took a deep breath and finally looked at me again. A small smile formed on her lips as she nodded.

My mom held my hand and squeezed it gently "I-I give you my blessing. Just promise me that you will come back to me"

I smiled widely at her and hugged her tightly "Thank you mom. I-I'm really appreciate it"

Then she looked at the goddess of love who watched the scene in front of her with glassy eyes.

"Aw, this is so beautiful!" she squealed "Mother love are the best after all! Anyway, don't worry Mrs. Lockheart, I'll make sure to keep your son in the line and come back safe, without a missing limb"

"Thank you" my mom said earnestly "Thank you Lady Aphrodite"

"But..." she narrowed her eyes a bit as she continued in more serious tone "No touching or funny business until he reached 18 years old"

"MOM! THAT'S INNAPROPRIATE!!"