chapter thirty four

Start from the beginning

Rory appears behind the girls, holding a moving brown lunch bag. "You guys hungry? You want some of my lunch? It's fresh!" He grins. Erica glares at the other blonde, then hits the bag out of his hand. It goes flying to the floor and starts to move away, "Mr. Lunchy no!" Rory shouts, running to catch the rat in the bag. Mary looks at him with her eyebrows crossed, "Wow."

"No, rats! We need real food and this town is running on empty." Sarah snaps, crossing her arms.

"So, why don't you guys just fly over to the next town or something? Ya know, get some 'take out'." Mary jokes, earning a chuckle from Benny beside her. Erica rolls her eyes at them, "The vampire council says hunting outside of Whitechapel could cause a turf war."

"Can't you just take a small nibble of a student?" Ethan suggests. Erica scoffs in disgust. "Not me, of course." Ethan adds.

"Teenagers are full of junk food and hormones. Do you have any idea what that could do to your skin?" Erica states before storming off.

Sarah sighs as she walks away, "She's a picky eater. And my blood deliver guy vanished, whatever is happening, un-happen it!"

"Okay," Ethan says after watching them leave, "We need to go home and come up with a plan."

Mary nods, just as her phone starts to ring. "Huh, that's weird, I never get calls. Unless they're from you guys." She reaches into her pocket to pull her phone out, a phone number she's never seen before on the screen. "Gimme one sec." She tells the guys before answering.

"Hullo?"

"Mary! Oh thank god."

"Shawn?"

Shawn sighs, "Look, something really weird happened last night. All the kids were ready to go to the museum at 8:00 this morning like we were told, but none of the teachers came to get us. When we went to their hotel rooms to find out what's going on, they were gone."

Mary's eyes widen, "What, gone? All of them?"

"Yeah, all of them. Their rooms were completely empty, well except for boxes of half eaten donuts-"

"You didn't eat those, did you?" Mary interrupts.

"Ew, no, they had bites taken out of them. Look, Mary, I have no idea what's going on and I can't call my mom. She'll freak out or have a heart attack or something." Shawn states.

Mary sighs, "Okay, uh, where are you? I'll take my friend and my boyfriend to come pick you up."

Shawn gasps excitedly, "You have a boyfriend?! You sly dog!"

Mary chuckles, "Sly dog?"

"It was all I could think of on the spot."

Mary rolls her eyes, "Okay, okay, where are you? We'll leave now."

Shawn sighs, "That's the problem, I have no clue where we are."

"What? You left the hotel?"

"We didn't know what to do! It was chaos, man. Everyone was freaking out, we got nervous so we just left and started walking and now we're lost."

Mary sighs, rubbing her eyes with her free hand, "Alright, stay wherever you are. We'll find you."

"Thanks, Mary."

Mary ends the call, then turns to Ethan and Benny. "What's going on?" Benny asks.

Mary chuckles nervously, "We may have another problem."