Chapter 7 - Perfect

"HARRY!" the voice yelled again frantically this time. "Harry what have you done? Oh my god!"

Harry stared with wide eyes at the older boy who was staring at him with wide eyes as his fast steps slowed when he got nearer to Harry and became more cautious.

Harry dropped his wand, and his hands came up to grip his hair tightly and pulled on it. The older reached out.

"Don't touch me!" Harry yelled as his breathing began to increase and become shallower. "What have I done Cedric?" Harry asked looking up at the other with wide, horrified eyes. "I'm a monster."

"Look, Jane is just a few corridors away, I'll let her take..." Cedric began to suggest but looked over at the girl on the ground who could no longer be recognised due to the effects of the spell and the blood that was slowly spreading across the corridor. "I'll let her take... this girl to the infirmary and I'll go with you somewhere quiet. Is that okay with you?"

Harry looked in confusion at the other boy in front of him. Why was Cedric being so nice? Harry had just committed a horrific act. It was silent for a few seconds as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Cedric?" a female voice called down the corridor.

"Er- yes, Jane, could you please take this girl to the infirmary? I came down here to find her on the floor," Cedric informed finally looking away from Harry. "I'm not sure what spell was used on her. I'll take Harry back to his Common Room, and I'll see you later, okay?" Jane nodded as she moved to look at the girl behind Cedric and Harry and gasped. "Come on Harry, let's go." Harry didn't move so Cedric dragged him way.

The two eventually ended up on the school grounds and began mindlessly walking done the steps.

Cedric sighed. "That was no ordinary spell that any 13 or 14 year old could perform, Harry."

"It wasn't me," Harry whispered weakly.

"Where did you learn it from?" Cedric asked. "The restricted section in the library?"

"No."

"Where then?"

"..."

"Okay then," Cedric said sighing again. "How have your friends delt with you being a champion?"

It was silent for a few seconds before a sob was heard from beside the older who then released a small 'oh' in response.

"Even Ron and Hermione?" the older asked again and pulled the younger into a hug allowing the teenager to cry into his chest for a few minutes.

"Do you also think I cheated? That I jinxed the goblet? That I bribed someone?... That I'm nothing but an attention seeker?" Harry asked as he pushed the older away. "Huh? Do you?"

"Of course, not Harry!" Cedric exclaimed in disbelief. "When you walked into the room last night, you looked anything but overjoyed about being chosen. I feel like being the Chosen one and all, you're a little pressured into being the one to save us all. And everything some how seem to revolve around you. You've not had a single peaceful year here and in the near future, I don't see that changing. However... you, you are too kind to turn it all down... and run away. You are still young and naïve..."

Harry was now looking up at Cedric in amazement. The other's silver eyes sparkled in the morning light.

"It was a dream."

"What?" Cedric asked confused at the other's statement.

"I saw the spell in a dream," Harry explained. "It was terrifying, and I just got so angry at what that girl had said, and it was the first thing that came into my mind in my anger and before I realised what I was doing, you were shouting my name." Harry took a deep breath as tears began to swell up in his eyes again. "I don't know what came over me. I'm so dangerous."

"Have you told anyone about this?" Cedric asked concerned.

"I... Well..." Harry stuttered. "Yes, I guess?"

"I'm guessing it's not a teacher."

Harry aggressively shook his head. "They would immediately tell Dumbled- you won't tell him, will you?" Harry suddenly became panicked again as he began to step away from Cedric. "Promise me you won't. Please. Promise me now!"

"I promise I won't tell Dumbledore or anyone about this," Cedric said with his right hand on his heart.

After that, it was quite as they continued walking and they arrived near the Forbidden Forest. However, the closer they got, the more birds that flew out of the forest and they could see the animals sprinting away from them.

"That's rather strange is it not?" Cedric asked as he looked further into the forest to check for a predator nearby.

"Yes very," Harry said looking away from the forest knowing exactly where the predator was.

"I think we should head back up to the school and get some breakfast," Cedric suggested to which Harry shook his head. "How about you wait here, and I get us some food okay?"

To that, Harry nodded. He didn't want to see anyone right now.

That was how they spent their day. Talking to each other as they sat on the grass and Cedric teaching Harry a bit so he could better prepare for the tasks ahead.