"so this is why you didn't escape last night?"
dave asked,touching jacks suit.

"yeah"
jacks voice was quiet.

"you're a liar.you lied about everything."

"you lied about your father being out west,cause he's not out west.you didn't even tell me your real name!"
davey exclaimed.

zoey frowned.

"so?what you wanna do about it dave?"

"i don't understand you"davey said.

"oh,so let me spell it out for you"jack told him,"you see,i ain't got nobody tucking me in at night like you."

zoey looked at jack but he ignored her.

"it's just me,i gotta look out for myself,alright?"

"you had zoey,and the newsies"
davey told jack.

"oh,what did being a newsie ever give me but a dime a day and a few black eyes,"jack said,the looked at zoey,"and an annoying little sister who don't stop following me around."

zoey could tell jack didn't mean it but it still hurt.she heard some of the newsies yell at jack.she glared at her brother,not saying anything.

"you know,i cant afford to be a kid no more dave."
jack continued,"for the first time in my life,i got money in my pockets.real money."

"money.you understand?"jack yelled,"i got more on the way and as soon as i collect,i'm gone,i'm away alright?"

"well that's good.that's good because we don't need you!"davey told him.
"because all those words you said,those were mine."

"yeah,but you never had the guts to put them across yourself,did ya?"

"i do now"
davey said,shaking his head.

davey walked away but zoey stayed put.

"what?"
jack spat,looking down.he felt himself slightly fall apart when he saw his sisters face.

"you mean what you said?"
she asked.

"yeah i do.get out of her before i tell snyder where you are"jack told his sister.

"you know what jack,do what you want.i don't care.i got through mom leaving,got through dad leaving,i sure as hell can get through you leaving too."

"you know it weren't my fault they left"
jack said,standing closer to his sister with an annoyed look on his face.

"yeah well beggas ain't choosers jack"
zoey reminded him of a saying their father used to tell them.zoey noticed jacks hand move and she flinched slightly.

jack noticed but pretended not to.

zoey looked back and saw davey waiting for her and the newsies watching her.

she looked back to jack and sighed,feeling her eyes sting.she patted his chest and nodded,"you look good jack."

she turned around to walk away but her and davey paused.she turned back around and punched jack.weasel grabbed her and two police grabbed david.