Chapter 2: Seperation

TRIGGER WARNING; Mention of self harm, brief but still.

Syris peered down the hallway at the empty boxes he had to fill with everything he needed. He knows that he won't need much so filling that space shouldn't be hard.

The familiar scent of his room filled his nose and warmed his heart. "It's gonna be weird not being home..." He mutters to himself in disbelief that; that would soon be his future.

The small knick knacks he filled his box with seemed to be more colorful than he remembered. All of them having an emotional experience tied to them was very overwhelming to pack. The crosses he got off of his walls left a sheen of the original, not stained wall colour under it.

His tender moments and tragic tellings came to a screeching halt as his mom walked in:

"Dinner is done, hun"

"Thanks mom" He said wiping a tear of joy away from his eye, holding his favorite small, wood carved cat given to him the day he came out as gay to a few friends. It was the only time he has ever come out. His parents aren't on to him yet and dont question much.

He placed it on top of the stuff in the last box he had to fill. With that getting taped, he was done packing everything but hygiene products, personal grooming and a carry on.

He sauntered down the stairs being entranced by the waft of the lasagna coming from the kitchen

"Mmmm~ Something smells good" Syris remarked as he strutted into the room.

"It tastes even better" His oldest brother Jude said. He always had a knack for dishing up first.

"Lasagna, becuse I know you love it~" His mother chimes in.

Syris looks at his plate, always sitting in the same spot. His mother was very particular. She made sure everything in the house was always perfect, colour coded, and Labeled.

His older brothers colour was Blue. All of the bags he owned had a little blue tag sewn in. Syris' is Indigo, lucky for him it's his favorite colour. His younger sibling Joseph has red and his identical twin has orange and I swear if it wasn't for that everyone would have forgotten who was who. But now that they can, Ezekiel dyed his hair orange. Even his parents had colours.

He sat down and reminisces on all the things he is gonna miss while off at school. All the little things like waking up to a nice fruit breakfast or coming home to see his clothes folded and rolled as he usually does when he is having a rough time.

Conversation went on without Syris as he roiled his glass of apple cider and ate his mother's family recipe lasagna. It was one if his top favorites, without question.

They ate and afterward Syris went up to his room, his half was almost totally empty. There wasn't much to start, just a few posters, crosses, and Polaroid style pictures tacked on his wall of his fictional crushes. His dark wood bookshelf was normally littered with cat merchandise, he thought it was ironic so he surrounded himself with cat imagery.

The only things left were a small, blue stuffed dragon he left on his bed with a note to Jude to see if he would go though it and a secret attached package. It was a packed whole sandwich bag of weed, He knew Jude was a stoner and Syris did it with him occasionally. Though he was only 17, the kids at his school hooked him up with some every so often and he would smoke half and save the other half for Judes birthday but he felt like a send off gift would work better.

Jude didn't know about the gift and he preyed his mom wouldn't open it before Jude did. He had a bad habit of snooping when they were younger and he wanted a way to poke fun at his brother while still doing something nice.

Jude came in later; he did the dishes most nights.

J; "Ya know... you are pretty lucky"

S; "Hm? How so?" He looked over and laid on his stomach on his bed.

J; "Well I mean... this town is so dry in the dating department. Monster high is probably full of babes" He remarks

S; "Actually... can I tell you something? You have to promise to keep it a secret" He said firmly while sticking out his pinky

His brother wrapped his finger around his. They locked eyes and Jude said

J; "Of course little bro, you know I'd never spill"

He was right about that. Even if he was a snoop and was annoying sometimes he would never tell a secret.

S; "I-" He teared up a bit and his hand began to tremble.

His brother took him in his arms, just holding him, waiting for him to say it in his own time.

S; "I-I think I'm gay..." He dejectedly said and as soon as he went to explain that he knew it was bad and was a sin Jude pushed him off then grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look him in the eyes.

Jude smiled softly.

J; "Hey, calm down. You arent alone. If I can trust you... well. I am too, kind of. I'm bi. But I mean, Ezekiel is non binary and Joseph was thinking about changing his name becuse it just feels weird."

S; "R-really?" He said wiping a tear from his eye with his hand, his small amount of eyeliner wiping off

J; "Yeah bro, you arent alone. I still wouldn't tell dad yet but mom knows about the rest of us."

Syris just smiles and nodded and then struck up conversation about what to expect from highschool, the ins and outs of the semester system and how hard the work is in comparison to middle school. There was also a period where Jude explained cliques. The only ones that Jude explained are:

(Goths) If you like their music and dress how you do, they will like you
(Nerds) Social suicide.
(Emos) Feel free to dress or act however but try not to fall into self harm. It's an addiction. Take it from me
(Jocks) Stand up to them in gym class and prepare to have an enemy all of school.
(Popular kids) Friending them isn't hard but keep communication clear and try not to lie.
(Stoners) Coolest people but they will convince you too leave class too much, don't fall behind.
(Theater kids) They are very loud and eccentric so if you find yourself around them just know you will be looked at.

S; "Well, thankyou. I'll keep that in mind" He said as he laid down and closed his eyes. While talking Jude made it back to his half and got into his boxers to sleep. Syris performed a more natural approach to sleeping so they both slept though the night.

Morning eventually came

[To be continued in Chapter 3: Dispair]