𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Nino's POV
I sat in my seat as I waited for class to start. Alya was sitting beside me talking about something that I totally wasn't listening to. Then Rose came over and started talking to Alya, and I breathed a sigh of relief, cause Alya would probably kill me if she knew I wasn't paying attention.

Then I noticed Marinette walking in, she wore her signature outfit, but instead of her normal black blouse, she wore a black zip-up hoodie. It wasn't really thick, more of a light hoodie, and she had it unzipped, showing her normal white shirt underneath.

Her hood part was pulled up, shielding her face, as my classmates glared at her presence.

As she started making her way towards the back, I noticed the tears in her eyes, causing me to reach my hand out and grab her wrist as she was passing me.

She quickly turned to face me, her face full of sadness and...fear?

'Why is she scared?'

She looked broken, in which caused my heart to ache as I saw her mouth turn upwards in an obviously fake smile.

"Mari, are you alright?" I asked her, finally releasing her wrist. She gave me that painful smile, which in turn gave me the answer I was looking for, as she replied with a simple 'yes'.

I was about to say something when I saw her face drop and I heard the classroom door open.

I turned around as my ears were met with the sound of sobs. That's when I saw Lila, who appeared to be crying.

"M-Marinette, how c-could you?" Lila chocked out. The girls eyes had tears, but as I looked at her compared to Marinette, Lila's tears looked fake. "I-I just wanted to be your friend!"

Lila started wailing as everyone rushed over to go comfort her.

"It's alright Lila, there there"

"What's wrong?"

"What happened?"

"What did Marinette do?"

I watched my classmates gather around the Italian girl, as Lila was now sobbing into Alya's chest.

"M-Marinette th-threatened me in *sniffle* the-the restroom," Lila cried. I watched as my friends turned to Marinette, who still stood beside my desk, and started screaming and throwing insults at her.

I tried to remain calm, as I turned around and looked at the bluenette haired girl. She just remained quiet, looking at the ground, as silent tears slipped from her eyes.

She just let our classmates yell, scold, and overall insult her, as she did nothing to retaliate.

This enraged me as I watched one of my best friends look so broken and I did nothing to stop it.

I can't believe this, I've known Marinette since 5th grade, and the girl hates bullying!

There is no way in hell that the sweetest, kindest, and most bravest girl ever, would do something like this. Especially after having to deal with bullying longer than I've known her.