Part 55

Tomorrow was Mrs Kim's birthday. So Jihoon came to sleep over so that he can help Junkyu prepare for her party early in the morning.

"Wow. Your new house is insane. It's even better than Jaehyuk's." Jihoon laid down on Junkyu's bed like it was his room.

"It's not our house, It's Haruto's." Junkyu clarified.

"Same thing. I'm sure he'd give it to you if you asked." Jihoon said. "What's the deal between you and Haruto?"

"What do you mean?"

Jihoon gave Junkyu a look.

"Don't give me that look. I don't know either. He's really nice to me but we all know that it's impossible for the two of us."

Just when Jihoon was about to respond, Junkyu got a text.

Jihoon watched as his bestfriend's lips curled up to a shy smile. 'Must be Haruto,' he thought.

Junkyu had a smitten look on his face. Jihoon can tell that his bestfriend is falling deep in love with the Japanese prince. I mean who can blame him? He's the literal definition of a prince.

He can also tell that Haruto likes Junkyu. No matter how indifferent Haruto acts, he was always gentle to Junkyu. He treats Junkyu like he's the most precious person in the world. He would have been perfect for Junkyu. The problem is Haruto's status. They all know that Haruto cannot get romantically involved with anyone. His future partner will be selected. If their feelings continue to develop, they would only hurt themselves more when they part.

He needs to protect Junkyu. But he also wants to protect Haruto. After all, Haruto is his friend too. He was the closest to Haruto and Asahi out of all the Japanese boys because they often carpooled together before he got together with Hyunsuk.

"Junkyu." Jihoon called out. "If you know the two if you are impossible, then you should stay away. You'll only end up hurting each other."

Junkyu stopped typing on his phone and looked at his bestfriend. "If I distance myself from him, I will get hurt just the same." Junkyu paused. "You should know how hard it was."

Jihoon understood that Junkyu was referring to his sudden decision to cut off Hyunsuk. "I'm not saying to cut him off. I'm just telling you to not completely give your heart out to someone who can't take care of it."

Junkyu frowned. "Haruto is not a bad person."

"That's not what I mean." Jihoon sighed. "I know Haruto is a great guy and I know he would never do something to harm you..."

"But you said it yourself. It's impossible for the both of you. He can't take care of your heart because his hands are tied. You'll just be left hanging there tired and hurt."

Junkyu looked down, seemingly depressed. "I know. But I like how things are with us right now." Junkyu gave Jihoon a sad smile. "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

Jihoon just nodded. But he can't help but worry. He just can't stand by and let both of his friends jump on a sinking ship. He needs to at least try and stop them.

He's sure if Junkyu or Haruto was in his position they'd do the same. In fact, they already did. Just when he partnered up with Hyunsuk for Yuta's birthday. Junkyu immediately confronted Hyunsuk.

He didn't know about it until Hyunsuk told him recently. Hyunsuk didn't tell him the details, all that he said is that Junkyu can be quite scary.

Haruto also of course played a big role in fixing his relationship with Hyunsuk. Hyunsuk told him Haruto did his best in helping both him and Hyunsuk from the shadows.

Jihoon decided that if he can't get through Junkyu, then he needs to at least try with Haruto.