chapter thirteen ✤

Walking closer to the building George could finally see what state it was truly in and it was bad.

One window had been completely smashed and tape had been wrapped over it in a terrible attempt to hide the damage. There was rubbish everywhere, cigarette stubs and packets littered the ground.

"Charming." George said, kicking aside an empty box of condoms.

Dream laughed as he opened the door, holding it for George who walked through it, although reluctantly.

Inside the reception it was dim and everything looked incredibly old and dated, this place needed to be renovated and quickly.

Why Dream had chosen here out all places, he didn't know. Surely there were places better than this that didn't cost that much.

"I'm going to go talk to the receptionist. You wait here." Dream said, passing George his bag to hold onto.

George nodded his head and watched as Dream walked up to the front desk.

"Hi." Dream said, smiling at the old woman who was in front of him.

She didn't seem to notice him and Dream had to repeat what he said.

"Have you got a room?" She asked, finally peeling her eyes away from her computer.

"Yeah, I have, but I was wondering if I could change it?"

The woman looked up at Dream and as she did so her glasses slid down her nose. Dream had the sudden urge to push them back up.

"What's wrong with the one you've booked?"

"It's only got a single bed; I need a room with two single beds."

The woman peered behind him at George and then turned back to her computer and began to slowly type something. The pace at which her fingers moved on the keyboard made Dream want to smack his head on the desk. Why was she only using one finger?

"We don't have any available."

Dream wanted to laugh in her face, no one sane was booking rooms here. She was either lying or too lazy to check.

"Oh come on." The words accidentally slipped out of Dream's mouth.

The woman turned to him and gave him a dirty look.

"I can offer you a room with a double bed." She continued, choosing to ignore Dream's last comment.

"No-" Dream said both loud and quickly, startling the woman.

He couldn't let himself share a bed with George, it would be too much, and he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep with George that close to him, not after what had happened in the car.

The woman gave him another dirty look but began to move her mouse again.

"We have a room with a single bed and a pull-out beneath it. I wouldn't recommend it though-"

"I'll take it." Dream said, slamming his debit card onto her desk, making her jump again.

Dream paid for the room and then returned to George with a key in his hand.

"Why did that take so long? I thought you had already booked it." George asked, passing Dream his bag back.

"I had to change it; I had only booked it for one."

The two of them then made their way towards the lift, the room they were going to be staying in was on the second floor.

They got into the lift and Dream pressed the button for the second floor, nothing happened, the doors didn't even shut.