Chapter 12 - The Most Kindhearted Villain Ever

Start from the beginning

"Cute, attractive, energetic, playful," answered Donny.

She started to smile, "I know ri-"

"But also irritating, annoying, conceited, excluding, doesn't care about others. Almost sounds like a second you. You could be sisters," Donny scoffed, turning away and folding his arms, not wanting to hear her nonsense.

Leina rolled her eyes, "Ugh, all I've been doing is try to help you get a girlfriend. Is that so bad to do for a friend? I've been trying to get you to go out and you never listen. I've been trying to get you to stay at that dance and talk to other people but you went back to the main building to cry like a baby in your bedroom. I've tried to get you to meet Elektra so she could start to like you but you ditched us. You never do anything, you just sit and feel sorry for yourself all day because of your messed up life."

Donny was just sitting there with his forehead on the window glass, scrunching his face as a sign of frustration. Leina wasn't helping. 

"When are you going to man up and have some confidence? You're never going to succeed with Elektra if you don't have some confidence."

"Screw it!" Donny flared and pushed the door open.

"Donny no!" Leina went out with him to get him back inside the truck. Donny pouted with his arms crossed, leaning against the metal armor of the hummer. Leina jumped out of it and confronted him, fast and strict. She whispered to make sure she didn't disturb the main conversation but she was sure frenzied, "Donny, if you don't get back in there-"

"Why?" Donny played along and whispered too, "So you can put me down some more? What happened isn't my fault."

"Yes it is." Leina argued and got closer to his face. "You're the one sitting around in your damn room all the time doing nothing."

"You think I haven't tried? Melissa wasn't the first fucking time Leina."

"Hey. What are guys doing?" another whisper interrupted.

Both of them froze, then looked up at the Abrams tank. The machine gun operator got their attention. "If you guys don't get back in there, you'll be hearing from the General," he emphasized.

While embarrassed that a simple gun operator had to tell them what to do, Leina continued her nagging. "I will not get in trouble because of your stupidity, now get back in there," she said through gritting teeth, pitching her finger at the military hummer.

He got back in, abruptly, and slammed the door behind him, shutting Leina out. Leina was so frustrated, she quickly punched the car in a swift wave of anger. She then yanked the door open so she could get in. 

Now that she was inside with the door shut, she saw Donny facing away from her in the same sullen look. 

"When are you going to start searching for friends? Why do you get so nervous? How hard is it to talk to someone?" Leina heard him sniffling and wiping his tears. "You're impossible," She shook her head because it was the most pathetic time to cry, during a mission that was about to start. 

"Why don't you start to be the friend then," he spoke in a high, hazy voice. "We hardly even do anything together. We hardly talk." Deep down, that would've been a nice start but no, Markus, Patrick, and Elektra were all more important than him.

"What?" Leina couldn't understand his awkward language.

________

Meanwhile, Elektra and the driver were speaking to the two Buraki militia men. As they conversed, they heard the roar of the spy drone swooping over their heads. One Buraki looked at it like he was used to the sound. "What was the purpose of the drone?" he asked.