09

the dining room is silent. there's heavy tension in the air and Jin looks like he'll be having indigestion from the way he's eating his steak.

Tae looks around the table, he was introduced to the whole group. Hoseok, who insisted on being called hyung is the only one who seems to be glowing, shining shimmering splendid, while the rest of the people looks - gloomy.

"so, when are we leaving? I can't leave my plants for more than two days! they'll die without me." It's Jin who suddenly broke the silence.

"We can leave later tonight if you want."

Namjoon, the guy his Jin hyung interviewed last time is the one who answered, calmly chewing on his food.

Tae chose not to say anything, he's already stressed and he's afraid that if he does do something or comments it might make things bigger and the decision-making might take longer than it should. so he opts to just nod in everything.

"good. and can we have our phones back? fuck i can already imagine all the paperwork piled up."

Tae nibbles on his lip. he caused all of this, he dragged his Jin hyung and Jimin to this mess. Jimin skipped a lot of classes and Jin hyung got held back from his job.

why's he so useless everywhere he go?

"Hey are you okay? do you not like the food?"

it was Jungkook who asked. he looks at him from his side and there's worry in his eyes.

"the food is great. it's just that, I feel guilty for dragging them with all of this. im sure his employees are now looking for him and Jimin, he skipped a lot of classes and club meetings."

"No! you are never a bother Tae. we put ourselves in this situation because we don't want you to go through this alone. Don't ever let yourself feel like you're bothering us or dragging us back. You're family Tae. you and Kimchi."

Taehyung can't help but choke out a sob. Jimin is now holding his left hand squeezing it lightly and Jin looked at him with an encouraging smile.

The pregnant male nods and smiles.

"by the way who's Kimchi?" it was Hoseok who asked with a questioning look. and Tae chuckles telling him it's the baby's nickname.

which earned more questions from others.

this might be fun. Tae says to himself. maybe this will work. he smiles to himself.

**

"I gotta say. this place is pretty luxurious. are you sure it's okay that we stay here?"

Jin looked back at the owner of the house. Jin immediately goes to the Kitchen to check. he's obsessed with fancy kitchens and luxurious houses. he might like living here.

"sure. I don't use this place that much. when we bought the building I didn't think much about this place until my cousin said I should develop the place."

"hmmm". the other hums. "do you cook?"

"sometimes. but I'm not very savvy." Namjoons smiles sitting on the high stool near the bar.

Jimin and Tae entered the Kitchen with huge smiles on their faces.

"this place is awesome hyung! they even have an arcade near the infinity pool!" Jimin gushed and Tae nods excitedly.

"NICE! looks like we'll have fun here then. Now, who wants take out? since the fridge is empty let's order for now."

"ME!" The two answered in unison.

"how about you Mr. Tattoo artist?"

Namjon chuckles standing up and fixing his sleeves his arm tattoos showing.

"i gotta have a meeting with the boys. thanks for the offer, tho."

Jin shrugs and took out his phone to order. Namjoon nods at the other two and bids farewell. once the mafioso was out the two youngsters sat down on the high stools facing their hyung, each with an interesting look on their faces waiting for the call to end.

"what's with the looks kids. it's creepy." Jin rolls his eyes at the two. Jimin snickered.

"I'm sensing something from you two." the younger says, hands now on his chin his legs swinging on the high stool.

"you're sensing nothing, Jimin. stop it, we were just making small talks. since he's you know, the owner of the place." Jin rolls his eyes again. earning another cackle from the two.

"I'm giving you two, three weeks." Tea pipes up cheekily.

"no, a week. and they'll be head over heels with each other." Jimin says, determined.

"you both are ridiculous. how about we check the rooms before the food drives."

"YAY!"

The three then excitedly toured the place and ate delicious delivery and spent the night having fun in their new house.

it was around one in the morning when the three decided to sleep. the three are cuddled up on the guest room, which have the largest bed out of the the rooms.

Tae can't seem to fall asleep while the two are already snoring away.

he heard his phone buzzed on the bedside table. it has been a while since he held the device so, very slowly. he got up from the pile and picked up his phone.

there's a text from an unknown number. Tae wonders and so he opened it.

unknown number:
hey, I'm by the poolside of this penthouse. can you come out for a while?

-jungkook.