18 | sleep with a broken heart

Start from the beginning

the pretty nurse explained that taehyung had broken his left ankle and that he needed to rest for a month or two to let them knit and begin to heal before moving around a lot or doing much of any activity at all.

he also told him that the gash he had on his forehead till his left eye was all stitched up and that he needed to be sure not to pull any of the stitches.

"you don't need to come to the hospital, just get your family members to get those ankles rewrapped. change your eye patch daily every morning. until your appointment dates to get those stitches taken out."

she handed him a piece of paper with dates and medication directions on it, along with painkillers and antibiotics to take.

taehyung took in what she said and nodded his agreement but he didn't care about his injuries, he wanted to see jungkook. he felt so bad that the accident happened and blamed himself completely for  tzuyu injuries.

it was about 1 pm on sunday when namjoon and seokjin arrives to pick him up. seokjin helped taehyung get dressed and then helped him into the wheelchair.

inside the ride to yoongi's place, the trio didn't talk much. maybe there's nothing interesting to talk about? taehyung understood, it's not surprised to him.

also he was too afraid to ask but he did. he asked the two, 'hyung, how are you guys doing', they only replied with one sentence. 'fine.'

it's funny how one moment they were best friends and the next moment they were like strangers. it took everything for taehyung not to breakdown though.

the two then also asked how he's feeling, taehyung response with one sentence, 'tired.'   and in pain..

when they arrive home, he felt the nervousness thrumming through his body. he went quiet as his eyes looking around.

"the person you are looking for isn't here." seokjin said while giving taehyung a side glance as they stop beside the stairs while waiting for namjoon to return from parking the vehicle in the garage.

he cannot wait for taehyung to climb up the stairs step by step. so when namjoon return, he gently carried taehyung to his designated room, careful of his back stitches. and seokjin hold taehyung's crutches.

seokjin also help taehyung to change into pajamas in the bathroom and then walked taehyung back to the bed.

no one else attended to him, and considering how unsteady taehyung looked and how skinny he was, seokjin gives in.

there was an awkward silence before taehyung blurts out a question, "jinnie hyung, when will jungkook comes back?"

seokjin was dumbfounded by taehyung's absurd question. he let out a long sighed, and look towards taehyung fully. "why, it's obvious isn't it?"

"w- what do you mean, hyung?" taehyung couldn't get himself to say anything. namjoon and seokjin acted cold towards him. expected. then how about yoongi and his soulmate, jimin? he don't know.

"i might sound selfish, but.. jungkook,  he's trying to move on, you hurt him and he's trying to forget. but it's easier said than done. seeing you every day, isn't helping him. he's in pain, taehyung."

taehyung feels his bones breaking, his skin stretching and his organs twisting.

"i understand, hyung. i... i just wanted to talk.. i can leave immediately if  that's going to make his life so much easier. i wouldn't want to hurt him either." his shoulders sagged and his gaze fell to the ground.

but what seokjin saw was upsetting him. taehyung's eyes looked very sad it was heartbreaking. "taehyung ah, i'm sorry!" seokjin held him immediately, trying to console him. "i'm so sorry if what i said upsetting you."

no matter how seokjin tried to act fierce, he obviously has a soft spot for taehyung. (to have a soft spot for someone means that person is important to you and you feel emotionally vulnerable towards them)

taehyung shoved his irritated feeling aside. "its okay hyung. not your fault.. anyone would get angry in this situation."

taehyung had no reason to be upset. he had messed up, big time, and had no one to blame but himself. seokjin was just concerned. after all, he really did hurt jungkook.

seokjin sweat dropped. he guessed pointing out the other's mistake and telling him that he's sorry was a little much. his hand reached up taehyung's hair and stroke it softly.

"um, is there anything you'd like to eat? i can cook for—"

"i don't see luna. h- how is she doing?" he asked for luna without letting seokjin finish his sentence. he misses the little girl too. especially her pretty smile which could light up an entire room.

"she's doing well. only recently though. don't asked why she's like that. she just missed her kookie papa so much, poor girl.." seokjin replied uncomfortably.

actually jimin took luna out the whole day. hell no, jimin won't allow taehyung to see luna. not for a moment.

"tae, do you want your favorite strawbe—"

"hyung, i'm tired."  taehyung don't need strawberry. again, he just wanted to see jungkook.

however, taehyung wasn't kidding about being tired though. he close his eyes as soon as seokjin help him laid down on the bed, silk sheet resting against his tired body. seokjin kisses the younger forehead before he left.

taehyung realizes he can't do anything else except to let his tears flowed and flowed and flowed, until he was left a sobbing hiccupping mess and sleep with a broken heart.

despair hung over me like a cloud, and guilt wrapped it's way around my body like a cloak, seeping into my every pore, ensuring that i knew the extent of my actions.

a cloak which i would wear forever, a cloak which i deserved to wear....