Chapter 27 - Unable To Bear

Start from the beginning

"Leave!" Qing Yuan turned and glanced at Qing Yan with an ugly expression, preparing to leave.

"Wait," Fu Li stopped Qing Yuan and pointed the sword at his forehead. "You guys bullied an underaged dragon, and now you want to leave just like that?"

Unable to bear his tone of voice, Qing Yuan was about to curse him when someone grabbed the chance to speak first.

Qing Yan took a step forward and cupped his hands at Zhuang Qing. "Dragon Lord Zhuang Qing, we have offended you."

Zhuang Qing held his hands behind his back and looked at Qing Yan expressionlessly without saying anything.

Seeing that Zhuang Qing didn't appear to want to continue pursuing the matter, Fu Li turned his hand and drew the sword back, sheathing it.

"Many thanks to Dragon Lord Zhuang Qing for your mercy, this humble one will take my leave!" Qing Yan heaved a sigh of relief, bowing deeply to Zhuang Qing and Fu Li. Turning, he picked up his two motionless juniors and then transformed into a beam of light with Qing Yuan, vanishing into the clouds. The speed at which he did this was so quick that he appeared to be running for his life.

Fu Li dragged the sword he was carrying along the ground. Without any care for maintaining his image, he walked lazily to Zhuang Qing and said with a face full of resentment, "This sword is too heavy. It isn't nice to use at all."

"This sword..." Zhuang Qing watched Fu Li drag the divine sword that induced fear in the azure dragons as if it was scrap iron. "How did you obtain it?"

"All the yao cultivators on our mountain who can transform have one," Fu Li put the sword back into his Qiankun Pouch. "This was forged by King Ganglie and the sparrow spirit at the entrance of my cave who can't transform no matter how much they cultivate. But this sword is heavy, ugly, and isn't even practical for cutting trees, so no one likes to use it."

"It not for the bone-chilling air on that dragon's body and the fact that I didn't have any other suitable weapon with me, I wouldn't have used this," Fu Li glanced at his open palm. "My hand's even red from the extreme cold. Are those clansmen of yours so shameless that they even like bullying their juniors?"

Zhuang Qing coughed. "I'm not on very good terms with the dragon clan."

"I can tell," Fu Li looked at Zhuang Qing standing there majestically. He hesitated for a moment but still decided to say, "Let me be honest, don't force it if you've suffered internal injuries. I'm already so old anyway, it's not like I'll make fun of you."

It was unknown if Fu Li's words had angered him, but the moment these words left his mouth, a trace of blood dripped out of the corner of Zhuang Qing's mouth. When he reached out a hand to wipe it, Fu Li stopped him.

"Don't move," Fu Li took out a jade bottle and collected the blood at the corner of Zhuang Qing's mouth. "Dragon blood is good stuff for refining pills."

Zhuang Qing stared at Fu Li's jade bottle. It was a type of jade bottle that had been enhanced by a magic array. Regardless of the kind of liquid that was poured in, it would remain in the freshest state. All pill cultivators coveted such a bottle, even if they were dreaming. Unfortunately, good jade was hard to come by and many drawing methods for magic arrays were lost during the earlier years. Therefore, other than large and influential clans who were in possession of a few of such bottles, other people didn't have any.

Even Zhuang Qing... didn't have one.

Why would a yaoguai who had this sort of rare item want to become a civil servant and even be in such poor financial straits that he had to borrow money from him?