Chapter 18: Hanging Out with the Skeleton Brothers

Începe de la început

"Well, I mean, I've only known him for a short time, and he's going on a 'date' with a kid. Just had to be sure nothing would go wrong, you know," I explained.

"So, I know it wasn't just the words you said. What did you do?"

"Oh..." I gave Sans the same expression I gave his brother. "Just showed him my creepy face. Something he wouldn't forget!" I was just playing around this time, but was surprised Sans didn't react.

...Until his eyes went dark, and he stared at me with a soulless glare. "well... I  c e r t a i n l y  d o n ' t  f o r g e t ."

I stopped and began laughing. "Okay, you're Gaster's son alright. He always had the creepiest of looks."

Sans snickered too. "did you always have creepy face offs together?"

"No, I don't think he even knows about my creepy face. I never showed it to him. Honestly, I only ever used it on... my brother."

"...bad memories?"

"Yeah."

"okay, we don't got to talk about that." Sans then recollected himself. "speaking of which, as someone with two jobs-"

"Two jobs!?" I asked. "Do you even do them?"

"what? i take my jobs very seriously."

I didn't necessarily believe him, but for whatever reason, I felt like he was talking about something... else.

"and fortunately, two jobs means twice as many legally required breaks," Sans continued, getting back to his usual self.

"Really?" I replied, skeptical.

Sans laughed. "welp, i'm going to grillby's. you should come. i've got a few other things we should talk about."

"Okay... sure. I've got no problem with that."

"well, if you insist..." He walked past me, and motioned me to follow. "over here. i know a shortcut."

"...B-but isn't Grillby's over that way...?" I pointed behind me, in the direction I last saw the place. But Sans was still motioning me to follow him in the opposite direction, so I just shrugged and followed him.

...And then reality seemed to just... blink out.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Coming into Papyrus's house, the eight-year-old began to look around, taking it all in. Across every Reset and timeline she's been through, she's never been inside Papyrus's home. It was because before she'd always been afraid of the skeleton brothers. But now, she was super comfortable around them, thanks to her mom helping her engage with them.

"WELCOME TO MY SCENIC HOUSE!" Papyrus announced. "ENJOY AND TAKE YOUR TIME!"

Frisk looked around, and took notice of a table next to the front door, where there was a rock on a plate, covered in sprinkles.

"THIS IS MY BROTHER'S PET ROCK," Papyrus explained, as he noticed Frisk checking it out. "HE ALWAYS FORGETS TO FEET IT. AS USUAL, I HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY."

Frisk nodded, and decided to head over to the TV, and turn it on.

"OOH, IT'S MY FAVORITE GAME SHOW!" Papyrus said.

Frisk then hopped on the couch, and heard a jangling sound. Shifting between the cushions... she found 20 G. But turning back to the TV, it said "STAY TUNED FOR A NEW PROGRAM - MTT".

Papyrus noticed too, and said, "WHAT! IT'S USUALLY BETTER THAN THIS! THIS IS JUST A BAD EPISODE! DON'T JUDGE ME!"

Frisk decided that this made sense.