Ten

Jiaqi took a deep breath and looked at his former friend Yaowen. He never thought he would see the day when he would be nervous to talk to Yaowen, but it was the current situation. He needed important information from him.

Yaowen was packing his bag after the bell for end of classes rang, when Jiaqi walked over to him.

'Yaowen,' Jiaqi said to him, 'where's Janine? Is there a way I can contact her?'

Yaowen chuckled in disbelief, while some of the classmates who had heard the statement gasped in surprise, and asked among each other how defiant Jiaqi was.

'You almost killed her, now you want to contact her?' Yaowen asked him. He had now stopped packing his books.

Jiaqi sighed, he didn't want to explain himself again. 'It's important. I really need to talk to her.' He needed to know why Janine blamed him for the assault, because it was still a mystery that puzzled him and almost cost him his life.

'Dude,' Yaowen balled his fists, 'Are you trying to provoke me? Janine doesn't want to see you, and neither do I. You're still trying to cause so much drama. Maybe you should try killing yourself again and this time you'll be successful, 'cause you and I both know you should have died.'

The students couldn't hold back their reactions, feeling that Yaowen's words were a bit too harsh.

Jiaqi painfully nodded. 'Fine.'

Chengxin put his arm over Yaowen's shoulder, 'That's too harsh Yaowen.'

'Not as harsh as what he did to my cousin,' Yaowen quickly finished packing up his books. He marched out of the classroom, not wanting to particularly talk to anyone,

Chengxin turned to Jiaqi who was trying to hide the fact that he was affected by Yaowen's words. 'You okay?'

Jiaqi nodded. 'I'm fine. Let's go to Guidance and Counselling Club...it's our first day.'

'Fine.'

Jiaqi started to walk then suddenly put his hands on his head. His face had a painful expression and he shut his eyes.

'Are you okay?' Chengxin asked him.

'Yeah, just that sometimes my head hurts.' Jiaqi answered as he removed his head from his hands. 'Must be the effect of the pills I overdosed that time.

...

Evelyn angrily glared at her sister when the bell for 15:30 rang. She couldn't believe she now had to join Guidance and Counselling Club.

'I can't believe thanks to you, I have to join that stupid club everyone makes fun of.' Evelyn got up from her desk. 'I was supposed to go get some ice cream with Sarah today.'

'Geez,' Ava got up from her desk as well. 'It's not as if I'm excited about this either. But let's face it, it was only a matter of time till you messed up as well and we both ended up in that club.'

'No, unlike you I'm careful.' Evelyn rolled her eyes and walked out of the classroom, walking ahead of Ava.

Ava didn't bother to catch up with her, but they both knew where they were going. The Guidance and Counselling Club had their meetings in one of the classrooms at the end of the hallway.

As the two continued to walk, Evelyn suddenly stopped in her tracks. 'OMG...is that Chengxin?' she asked Ava who was behind her.

Chengxin and Jiaqi were making their way into the classroom, and they disappeared inside.

'Why would Chengxin join that club?' Ava asked in surprise.

'I don't know but I'm suddenly excited!' Evelyn ran off into the classroom, leaving Ava outside. Ava followed behind her slowly, still not excited to join the club.