Six

Jiaqi sat in the classroom the next day, hardly getting the math lesson they were having. It didn't help that he had heard his parents worried about him again, he didn't want to give them that pain but it was inevitable. They were now so worried about him that they constantly asked him how he was feeling and recently had started picking him up from school. He wanted to say no, but then again, if that was the only way they could confirm he was safe, it could have been worth it.

'So now, what is the value of X?' The teacher asked after he had finished writing and partly solving the sum on the board. 'Jiaqi?'

Jiaqi felt all eyes on him, and he knew there was a good number of people who wanted him to fail. And sadly, he didn't know the answer. He had spent too much time in his head to focus on what was in front of him.

But as if to save him, the door opened and the principal's secretary popped her head in. 'Ma Jiaqi is needed in the principal's office.'

'Oh sure, go ahead.' the math teacher answered.

Jiaqi took a sigh of relief and stood up from his seat, glad that he had avoided the question. But a new fear arose in him, he was now probably going to be expelled for the issue that had occurred before he had attempted suicide. What was he thinking anyway? That the issue would suddenly disappear because he had attempted suicide?

He followed the tall lady nervously as more thoughts came into his mind. He would once again disappoint his parents and worry them if he got expelled, which was very likely.

The two of them finally arrived at the principal's office. The stout man gave him a small smile, before pointing at a seat opposite him. Jiaqi slowly sat down and looked down at his lap, not wanting to meet eyes with the man in front of him.

The principal was known for being a soft man who wanted everyone to succeed and believed in everyone's potential, well except Jiaqi's. At first he had been nice to him, but Jiaqi had frustrated the man so much throughout the years that he couldn't speak to Jiaqi without sneaking in an insult.

'Jiaqi how are you doing?' the man asked him with his hands together on the hard wooden table, maintaining an authoritative stance.

'Good.' he answered lowly.

'I'm glad to hear that, considering you did something very dangerous. Everyone was worried about you.'

Jiaqi looked up at him; that was an obvious lie. The principal hated him and would have probably gotten rid of him if it wasn't for his father's friendship with him. The two of them had went to the same college and were quite good friends.

'Anyway...do you know what you're here for?' the man asked him.

'Janine.' Jiaqi answered quickly and surely.

'Well that's right. So you know what you did was wrong.'

'I didn't do it.' Jiaqi explained for what felt like the 100th time. He understood that he wasn't the most behaved student and that would make people doubt his honesty, it was his fault for misbehaving, but he wasn't going to admit to something he didn't do.

'The sooner you explain the situation instead of denying it, the sooner we can see what to do.'

'But I didn't.' Jiaqi insisted.

The principal sighed. 'Who was Janine to you?'

'A friend. She's Yaowen's cousin.'

'So now explain to me why you did what you did.'

'I didn't do it!' Jiaqi screamed in aggravation. 'I need to speak to Janine! She should explain to me in front of you why she thinks it's me who did it.'