"Plus, you'd need to be informed anyway, so we figured we'd tell you first and bring him here as soon as lunch ended." Adachi pauses, "Give him a good lunch before...."

"Right." Shouta and the officers stand up. "I'll let you know if he turns up here. Will you file a missing persons case?"

Adachi nods. "We have to, at this point. Would you mind relaying this back to your Principal? Ordinarily, we would've had this meeting with him and you, but there were scheduling conflicts."

"I'd say 'see you later,' but whenever I see you it's for something like this." Sawamura sighs.

Shouta laughs breathlessly. It's never good when they see each other, this time wasn't any different.

He could only hope that the situation would resolve itself soon enough.

~~~

The situation doesn't resolve itself soon enough. In fact, Shouta is 97% sure it's only getting worse and worse as time moves forward

Hatake doesn't show up, even as the Sports Festival is rapidly approaching. It's gotten to the point that several students have asked him privately if Hatake is alright after the USJ. Shouta had to be honest with them and say he doesn't know.

He sets aside the papers he was working on and taps a pencil idly at his desk. It's been just under 2 weeks since anyone's seen Hatake last. With his Quirk, it's probably very easy for him to hide in plain sight, so it explains why no one can find him. The thing is, no one can figure out why he's hiding away if it's so obvious that he wasn't the culprit of the murder. It's either that, or he's already died. Shouta hopes it's the former.

Shouta exhales slowly and begins to pack up his things.

He's just about to leave the teachers' office when his phone rings.

It's Hizashi.

"Hello?"

"Shouta, turn on the news! Quick, or you'll miss it!" Hizashi's voice is hurried and Shouta turns the TV in the office on just in time to catch the tail end of what's being said.

"-an explanation as to why several of the TMPD's contacts with the Shie Hassaikai Group have gone cold. As we can see many of the buildings where the Shie Hassaikai Group have been known to reside are up in flames. Over to you, Chiba-san." The news announcer explains, as several photos of buildings burning are shown on screen.

Shouta is well and truly speechless.

"According to TMPD chief, Tsuragamae Kenji, several of the strongest members of the Shie Hassaikai Group will be going under psychiatric analysis in accordance to their claims that they were hypnotized. Is this the work of a Quirk? More after this commercial break." The next news reporter, Chiba, says. The screen switches to advertisements.

"Shouta? You there?" Hizashi's voice filters through the shock plaguing Shouta.

He's had several run-ins with the Shie Hassaikai Group. It's never been pretty. Even the runners are well versed in martial arts, not to mention whatever else they keep locked up in their several facilities.

Shouta's mind flickers back to at the USJ, when, just as the Nomu was about to crush him, something in the air shifted so seamlessly he wouldn't have noticed if he weren't looking back on it.

"Shit."

"Shouta? What's the matter?"

"I know who did this."

"Huh? That's great... isn't it?"

"No. It's not."

If Shouta's right, then that means the Shie Hassaikai Group was connected to the death of Haru and Himari Suzuki, but none of the documented members have Quirks that could really connect them back to the injuries the Suzuki couple sustained.

"What do you mean? Why not?"

Shouta's phone starts to vibrate, it's Adachi.

"Hang on, 'Zashi, I need to take this call."

"Oi! You can't just leave me hanging like that!" Hizashi replies, indignant.

"I'll call you back." Shouta promises before he hangs up and accepts the call from Adachi. "What do you have for me?"

"You're not going to like this."

"Lay it on me, Adachi-san."

"Well, two things. We tested the blood found at the scene. It matches some other DNA from several other unsolved cases."

"What?"

"We're talking like... supervillain. All for One."

Shouta sits back down at his desk and listens to Adachi relay what the police has put together in terms of what happened during the fight.

All teachers in the Heroics Department were made aware of All Might's... situation before school started, but were assured that All for One was dead.

Apparently, he's not as dead as everyone thought.

"And the second thing?"

"We're off the case."

"Excuse me?"

"The Hero Public Safety Commission is taking over." Adachi says and Shouta can hear the grimace in his voice. "It's shitty, but this just means that there's way more to it than we thought."

"You'd think they'd want all hands on deck." Shouta leans back in his chair and tried to ignore the tiredness seeping through his caffeinated energy boost.

"The HPSC are a bunch of secretive bastards, if anything. Since it's your student involved, they'll probably tell you the bare minimum, but they seemed weird about it."

"When are they not?" He swears he can feel the gray hairs forming on his head.

"Good point, but seriously. Something's happening. I know damn well you won't leave this alone, but at least be careful."

"You're starting to sound like Hizashi."

"Yamada-san is a sensible man."

Shouta smiles lightly. "He is."

Adachi sighs exasperatedly. "Don't die, Eraserhead-san."

"Wasn't planning on it."

I actually have chapters pre-written??? It's a christmas miracle!

Next update: Nov. 8