Chapter 15: The Protector

Start from the beginning

She was preparing herself as she walked and cleared her throat. She stopped once in a while to catch him until she was able to reach the busses' waiting area.

Jeongyeon: Park Jimin, show yourself.

A bus passed by and no Park Jimin appeared.

Jeongyeon: *muttering* Huh. Weird.

What was weirder was what she felt during the bus ride. It was not sadness nor disappointment— she couldn't figure it out. But she knew certainly that she was overthinking. His plans, his intentions— what are they?

Jeongyeon: Omo, what if he forgot to set his alarm clock? Maybe his eomma usually wakes him up. Hmmm? Should've I checked? Tss, aniya. No Jimin at school means no one will bother me. Oh no, but we have P.E. class later. We need to trai—

She stopped talking the moment she noticed the man beside her seemed to be shaking. He was wearing a dark green cap and was looking outside suspiciously as if he was trying to hide his face from her.

His figure looked familiar to Jeongyeon even though he was not facing her.

Jeongyeon: Uhh, excuse me?

Man: Mm?

Jeongyeon: You're— you're kinda disturbing. Why are you shaking? Are you laughing?

Man: Mm?

Jeongyeon: Yah! I'm talking to you, face me.

His face was red as a tomato for suppressing his laughter when he faced her and she was still shocked despite already expecting who it was.

Jeongyeon: Y— you?

Bogum: Wae? Why's your face turning red? 😂

Park Bogum, 23

Jeongyeon: *to herself* Why on earth do I have to cross paths with him??

Bogum: Mwo? Don't you like it? Why were you talking to yourself? And were you talking about the Park Jimin?

Jeongyeon: None of your business.

Bogum: You look pretty.

Jeongyeon: *gulps* Tss. I'd always wanted you to tell me that. Why now?

Bogum: You always looked pretty. I just couldn't tell you before.

Jeongyeon: Stop talking to me casually.