Chapter 8 Toman and Sano Siblings

Start from the beginning

"I don't see what's so great about this guy? And why are we letting him get away with attacking Draken?" I turned to another boy. He was heavier looking than the rest of the boys.

"I was testing him, Pah. Relax, no harm done," Draken said with a shrug.

"He is Baji's friend," Sano added, "He is one of us, Pah."

Before anyone else could make a comment, an old man came into the dojo and walked towards me.

"Welcome to our home," the old man greeted me but did not smile.

I bowed to him, "Thank you for having me, sir."

He was looking me up and down. I felt as though he was analyzing me for something.

"Are you Kurosaki Hikari's son?"

I straightened up, looking at the man, "You knew my mother?"

To say I was surprised was an understatement.

He nodded his head, "I regret that I wasn't at her funeral. But I was told to keep my distance. To think you would appear in front of me on your own."

"I'm sorry?" I was confused.

He sighed, "We have a lot to talk about, Ayato."

"You know who I am?"

"Of course," he said, nodding his head. "Maybe it is time you do as well."

"How do you know Kurosaki-kun, grandpa?" I heard Emma question.

I had forgotten I wasn't alone in this room with the old man. Everyone in the room looked curious at the situation that was unfolding in front of them.

"It is simple," he started, "Ayato is your half-brother. You all share the same father."

I stepped back, feeling like the floor underneath me was about to give out.

"No. No you are lying."

"I am not. I saw the DNA tests. You are my son's son."

I was in my mother's rapist's home. I was in the home of the man I hated the most in the entire world.

"Where the fuck is that bastard?" I was seething with rage.

The old man's eyes closed, "He passed away some time ago."

I wasn't sure how to feel. Was I supposed to say 'good riddance'? Was I supposed to feel relief that there was one less rapist out in the world? I didn't feel that. I wanted to see his face. I wanted to kill himself. I wanted to ask him why my mom.

"Your son raped my mother. I don't consider any of his family my family," I said through grinded teeth, body shaking.

"Yes. I expected this outcome," he said, looking at me, "You're mother told me about you. She told me that I would have legal guardianship over you with the cover that I am an old friend. She told me that I did not have to be physically present for you or take any responsibility for you. But as you are here right now. I could not ignore it. I would like to make proper amends for what my son has done."

"Grandpa, our father..." Emma looked like she was about to burst into tears, her hands to her mouth.

"Let me explain," he began, "Ayato's mother was an orphan with no family of her own. No family to care if she were to suddenly disappear. It was easy for her to be human traffic when she was a young age. She was forced to a brothel when she was 16. Your father was not aware of her age but that does not excuse my foolish son from paying such a young girl for... Well, 8 months later Ayato was born."