22. Pumped Up For the Event

Start from the beginning

~

"Listen up, everyone. We have news." Jack called. 

We were all at Darling Chainz, in the kitchen for a staff meeting. I never realized how big this kitchen was. Every staff member was allowed to sit or stand, without being suffocated. It was almost about time to open the club side of Darling Chainz, as it was night time. The restaurant hours was cut 30 minutes for this meeting.

Sam walked around, "All righty, the following two months is going to be a bit different. Why? Well...DARLING CHAINZ IS HAVING ITS EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY! WHOOT!"

I laughed as everyone cheered and heard someone go, "EY EY EY!" Alice and I made eye-contact, and we shared a smile. She wasn't sitting next to me, with the rest of the staff. After all, she's a manager, she's with Sam and Jack, spreading the news.

"Okay, so this is what's going to happen, " Alice began, "Hmmm half of us will be cutting their shifts short because of the anniversary event. Most of us already had this coming and are probably sick of this staff meeting reminder."

On cue, the staff went, "Noooo." and some people said, "I LOVE YOU ALICE!" Most likely Gray, Maria, and Melissa. 

Alice laughed and continued, "It's going to be hectic, as most of you already know. We'd really appreciate it if some of you, the ones who won't be missing shifts, will take on a double shift. I apologize but the outcome will be great. You guys always seem to like the big event. We thank you for your cooperation."

"A few staff members aren't here, afterall it's not their 'time of shift,' if you will. I will be emailing this information to all of you, if you have any questions, please ask. I want to thank all of you for being here and being so loyal to Darling Chainz. It's about to be our eighth year, and it amazes me to see how much this family of ours has grown. We even have some new family members." Jack nodded off to Gavin, me, and two other people. "I truly cherish you all, Darling Chainz would not be as amazing without each and all of you. Thank you all, so much. I'm glad I can be here with all of you."

The room went quiet before everyone started murmuring. I think someone was crying, but most of us looked in awe, including me. I looked up to Alice to see her watery eyes. I got off the floor and went to hug her.

Jack and Sam were saying something, but I wasn't really paying attention, with Alice in my arms.

"You okay?" I whispered.

Alice gave me a nod, "Just a bit overwhelmed."

I kissed her cheek, "Some family huh?"

Alice laughed, "Yeah, I love it."

"All righty, thank you all very much, it's time to open the club. YEAHHH LET'S KICK SOME ARSE AND HAVE FUN! I LOVE YOU ALL!" With one last 'whoot,' Sam ended the staff meeting and kicked a box.

Alice and I laughed at Sam and everyone else. People started kicking boxes.

"Don't you need those boxes?" I asked Alice, with her still in my arms.

"Nope. not really." Alice looked up at me and kissed me.

I heard everyone shuffle out of the kitchen as Alice and I shared a sweet kiss.

~

Music was pounding from the club, staff members were doing their job, and people were dancing, eating, and having fun.

Alice and I were on roller skates, serving customers. We were actually competing, for now, we were tied.

"Table one and two are right next to each other." Alice spoke as she handed me a tray. "That's for table one, I have table two's tray right here."

I smirked at her, "If I get to my table first, I get to make out with you whenever I want for a whole month." 

Alice's eyes widened and she gasped, "That's vulgar! If I get to my table first, you...you have to do my science reports for a month."

I raised an eyebrow at her and laughed, "Is that the best you have, Alice? That's sort of sweet like you, babe." I leaned closer to her and blew on her ear. I watched her squirm, she always does that and it's adorable as hell.

"And you have cleaning duty too...for a whole month."

I placed a hand on my mouth to keep myself from laughing. F**king adorable. I stretched a hand out, "Deal." We shook on it.

3...2...1! I left grinning at her. I had to win this. Now I can kiss her all I want. I mean yeah she let's me kiss her whenever I want to, but there's some restrictions we keep. If I win, I can make out with her when professors are teaching and during Darling Chainz, too.

I got to my table first, way too easy. "Bon appetit." I smiled to the customers and hefted a shocked Alice over my shoulder.

I waved to everyone on my way to the restroom. No I wasn't going to take her to the men's restroom, it's just that the restrooms have their own corridor plus a cleaning closet. We don't call it the janitor's closet because we don't really have a janitor. Everyone in the club helps with the cleaning. 

Want to know a secret? Alice and I have made out in the cleaning closet a couple times! Yeah!

"Chase, put me down, this is embarrassing." 

"I love carrying you and I think I want a nice, hot make out session right now." I laughed when I heard Alice groan.

"Heyyy Chase and Alice!"

I looked up to see the people on the stage waving at us and going 'whoot,' yeah, Sam was with them. I waved at them back with a huge grin on my face.

Finally here, I pinned Alice against a wall. 

"Hey baby."

Alice frowned and I licked her face. 

"Did you just lick me?"

I grinned, "I sure did." Before she could say anything I kissed her, cupping her face in both hands. A second later, Alice wrapped her arms around my neck. Heh, she might have been against the idea, but her tongue says otherwise as it entwined with mine. I left her sweet mouth with my eyes on hers. Alice's eyes were hooded and dark. She let out a light moan as I trailed kisses down her neck and stopped right above her chest. I placed a small kiss on her cleavage then felt her hands on my face.

Alice angled my face to meet hers and she started kissing and nipping my jawline. F**k, I really love it when she does this. If she kept this up, we both might fall since I was supporting both of us. I rose my knee between her legs and bit her earlobe. I tugged on it and smiled when I heard her moan. I placed another kiss on the soft skin below her ear. 

I was going in for another kiss, when I heard, "I thought I'd find you two here."

I hid Alice's head in my chest and glared at Sam.

He chuckled and put his hands up, "Woah, woah there. I should be glaring at you two, playing hooky during work. Tsk tsk."

I cleared my throat, "Sorry, is anything the matter?"

"Yeah, it's for Alice. Elias is here and decided a midnight practice session should be all right."

Alice seemed to have recovered fully, just a bit flush all over. "I'll be there in a second." Her sweet voice was not helping me down there. It's like her words went straight to my...well yeah.

I let Alice down, but not before another kiss. She smiled at me, "I'll see you at home. If I'm late, close the windows and sleep."

I gave her a nod, wanting to tell her not to leave.

Alice stopped before leaving. She turned around and smiled, "Goodnight Chase."

"Goodnight darling."

I decided to go back to working when I watched her and Sam leave.

Welp, it's less fun working without her.