18. Two boys and two violins

"I would like to thank you all for being such wonderful participants of this art class and I wish you all the very best."

The students in the class expressed their gratitude to their art instructor by giving a round of applause. The art instructor looked a bit surprised, then smiled.

People started packing their bags and leaving the classroom. Brett stood behind his desk as he packed away his pencil case and sketchbook into his backpack and zipped it up as he spoke to Eddy;

"..Wow Eddy, can you believe it? A month of art classes.. done and dusted."

Eddy replied as he packed up whilst seated.

"Yep. And you know what Brett, I really enjoyed it in the end. I'm so glad my mother enrolled me in this."

"Yeah me too. I was only chucked in here so that I wouldn't sleep in till noon every day, so that I could stay productive. But I'm very glad I was enrolled in this course."

"Yeah, me too."

Brett, you may have no idea how glad I ended up feeling that I was enrolled in this course.

"Eddy.. you probably have no idea how glad I am that I was enrolled in this course."

Eddy's eyes shot open in surprise as he stared up at Brett.

Brett noticed Eddy's response and furrowed his brows.

"What?"

"What? What do you mean what?"

"Why do you look so surprised, Eddy?"

"Oh.. cos.. I was thinking the same thing. Almost word by word."

"Oh. Um.. why?"

"What?"

"Why would you think I'd have no idea how glad you were?"

Eddy blushed and stammered."

"I.. I take that back. If you had the same thoughts, I'm pretty certain you do have an idea."

Brett grinned.

"..So, Eddy, are you up to anything this afternoon?"

Eddy frowned.

"Actually I am.. I gotta go shopping with my mum to buy school stuff.. she complained that I grow out of my school shoes every summer."

Brett rolled his eyes.

"Ugh that reminds me, I gotta go buy new school shoes too. I think our feet grow more in summer y'know."

"Perhaps. It's a real pain in the backside, like it's not our fault our feet grow but my mum complains that I'm being extremely uneconomical"

"Humph that's pretty lame. Oh well, hope you have fun shopping.. maybe she'll buy you a bubble tea or something. Okay well have a nice weekend and I'll see you next Mon... Oh. Oh yeah."

Brett looked saddened. Eddy gave a wry grin.

"Oh, yeah, indeed..."

They stared at each other and let out a little sigh.

"Eddy, I just naturally kinda expected to see you again on Monday here..."

"I know Brett.. But I'm afraid you and I.. our schools will start their new term from Monday.. and we won't get to see each other that often.."

The boys were enrolled in different schools.

"No Brett, I'm afraid not. But, Brett.."

"Yes Eddy?"