11. Date ?!

"Mum, I'm going into the city with Brett tomorrow."

"Oh. What's this for? Is Brett's mother taking you two?"

"No. Brett and I are gonna catch the train into the city and check out some art supplies in a specialised shop."

"Oh, so is this for your art class?"

"Um.. yeah. Our art teacher said to try to go and have a look around and check it out."

"Soooo it's like a date, huh?"

"W, what?"

Eddy's sister Belle hadn't even bothered to knock. She simply followed Eddy back into his bedroom after dinner, closed the door behind her and quickly helped herself to the most comfortable place to sit, on Eddy's bed. Eddy shrugged and sat on his study chair and swivelled around to face her.

"You and Brett. It's like a date. How cute."

"It's not a date! We're just two.. guys.. hanging out. We're friends, like, he's been here, too, y'know."

"Yeah, I suppose. You're right. Sorry, bro. I forgot you're still only 13. So how old is this Brett kid?"

"Ugh, stop treating us like little kids! He's 14. What's the big deal?"

"Like I said. You're right. I'm sorry. I hope you have a great time. So you guys are just going to an art supply shop?"

"No, we thought we'd also visit a music shop and try out an electric violin together and.."

"An electric violin? Together? How?"

Eddy's face went crimson instantaneously.

"Oh, y'know, just.. checking it out together. I dared Brett to play it cos he is so anti-electrical musical instrument..."

"Hmm"

Eddy hated it when Belle looked at him like that. She could just see through anything, especially Eddy's bullsh*t. Eddy was practically transparent in front of his sister.

"It's nice that you two have become friends."

"Um.. yeah I suppose."

"How's your arm, Eddy?"

Eddy broke out into a smile;

"I got some sensation back today.. I can feel it when my finger is squeezed..!"

"Really !? That's fantastic!! How come you didn't tell me..!?"

"I.. I forgot."

Belle slapped the bed with both hands.

"Oh my god, Eddy! How could you possibly forget to tell me!?"

"I guess I was a bit distracted..."

"Eddy !? Oh my god, what do you mean you were a bit distracted!? Distracted with what?! Your date?!"

Eddy blushed again.

"It's not a date!!"

"Eddy? Is there anything you need to tell me?"

"N, no!!"

"Hmm"

"Stop looking at me like that!"

Belle opened up her palms towards her brother.

"Well?! C'mon Eddy, show me!!"

Eddy held his left wrist with his right hand and placed it on top of his sister's hands.