Chapter 12: Ghost Messenger

Start from the beginning

Fu Li's eyelids drooped. There wasn't much fluctuation in his tone of voice despite the mention of this past event. "I had already fallen asleep at that time."

Li Xu was struck by a sudden realization. It was probably because of this that this yao had escaped death.

"Bang!" A loud sound echoed in the distance. Fire shot towards the sky.

Li Xu threw the cigarette, stamping it out firmly beneath the heel of his shoe. "I should do my work."

"Wait," Fu Li called after him.

Li Xu's heart tightened. Was the other party going to ask him about that human?

"Don't litter," Fu Li pointed at the cigarette butt beside his foot and then shifted his finger towards a labeled rubbish bin not too far away.

Li Xu, "..."

Resigned, he lowered his head and picked up the cigarette butt before throwing it into the rubbish bin a few meters away.

"Little handsome Fu, who are you talking to?" The front-counter lady saw Fu Li speaking to the air outside. She couldn't help feeling a shiver snake down her back, thinking that she had finally seen a legendary supernatural event. Almost every hotel would have some strange stories circulating internally. This sort of law was similar to the premise that schools were always built on top of places like cemeteries and temples.

"A friend," Fu Li's gaze landed on Zhuang Qing. "He came to find me for something."

Under Fu Li's attentive gaze, Zhuang Qing came closer and appeared within the front-counter lady's field of vision.

With one glance, the front-counter lady felt she had been listening to too many ghost stories lately. What ghost would look this handsome and elite? She very honestly bowed down to the power of beauty.

At this moment, someone came to do the lodging procedures, so even if the front-counter lady wanted to drool at the handsome guy's good looks, she still had to finish her work first.

"Mr Zhuang, please sit," Fu Li fetched Zhuang Qing a drink and then led him to sit down at the sofas in the public resting area.

"An artist died in your hotel today?" Zhuang Qing got right to the point. "Were you at the scene?"

Fu Li shook his head. "I'm a newcomer. Unless the customer requires it, I don't have the qualifications to go to the VIP room."

"I understand," Zhuang Qing stood up. Seeing Fu Li sit up straight in his uniform, the him who had never liked to meddle in other people's business couldn't help but ask another question, "You're just going to be a security guard?"

"No. My dream is to be a civil servant," Fu Li saw that Zhuang Qing wasn't drinking, so he simply lifted it up and drank it himself. "Unfortunately, I'm still lacking something."

"Lacking what?" Zhuang Qing asked.

"A university degree."

Zhuang Qing felt an indescribable sullenness. He wanted to ask him about a few more things, but Fu Li had already gone to help customers carry their luggage. Zhuang Qing turned and walked out of the hotel. He looked into the distance and saw a chain accident that had occurred a few hundred meters away. A long string of souls was hooked up to the yinchai's Soul-Locking Chain.

The scene was full of chaos. Police cars, fire engines, and ambulances shuttled back and forth, while the private cars squeezed to the side to make way for them. The entire scene was a tragic sight.

An ambulance swooshed past him. He stuck a hand into the pocket of his pants expressionlessly, till the yinchai leading the souls appeared in front of him. The night wind arose, carrying with it the faint scent of blood.