Chapter 15 - Emotions

Sesshomaru pov:

"Lord Sessomaru, are we really not going to see Hisa Nee anymore?" asked Rin again. She was gazing up at me expectantly while she tread next to me, doing her best to keep up with my long strides.

"Be quiet, Rin," I said more sharply than I intended to. I spared Rin a glance, noticing that she had not felt fear despite the tone I had used with her. She was a strange human, unafraid of me no matter nearly what I did.

My eyes narrowed into the distance at the thought of Hisako, not just in anger at her defecting to serve that b****** Naraku but also because I was confused. It was unexpected that she would go to that filthy half demon when she was clearly close to me, enough to accept my advances, and cared for Rin and all the humans and demons that traveled with my half-breed brother.

Moments before I had been separated from her because of the Shichinintai several weeks ago, I had had her follow me into the forest, away from Rin and Jaken, with the wish to confirm my desire to take her as my mate. I had not got the chance to do so though, despite being so close to kissing her. It had been my wish to test if I would become weak as my father before I finally decided on telling her that I would claim her as mine. An animalistic urge in me had stirred upon inhaling her sweet scent, stirring my primal instincts to imdulge in her, but the annoying interruption had angered me, followed by her disappearance.

A fiery desire roused in me even now at the mere thought of Hisako, more so at the thought of having her in my arms, tasting the sweetness of her lips, and marking her as my mate so no other male could touch her. It had me clenching my fist hard enough to leave bleeding punctures in my palm. Not once had I felt such desire for a woman in all my years, and it was sheer instinct that I knew that Hisako was the only one worthy to be my mate.

"Mi'Lord, are you alright?" Jaken asked, having noticed my self-inflicted wounds.

I curtly ignored him and strode ahead, guiding Ah-Un by the reigns. Rin fell in step with me silently – she had been rather listless since Hisako had disappeared and it was another thing that had been bothering me. Over the time I had taken her under my wing, I had come to enjoy her company, perhaps as a younger sibling or even a daughter. The latter was an assumption, for I did not really know what that actually felt like, not having fathered any of my own children yet. However, I had come to understand it more off late, since the thought of Hisako bearing my cubs had crossed my mind once and the picture of such a family had left quite an impression in me.

The fact that I was thinking of Hisako to such an extent made me clench my jaw. When I had such a desire for her, and had clearly felt her desire for me in return, I could not think of a reason why she had gone to Naraku. When those damn Shichinintai had spoken of it, I was more than stunned.

At first, I considered the possibility of her being kidnapped. As strong as she was, she was still no match for higher order demons. Though Naraku was only a half demon, he was unexpectedly powerful and a demon that annoyed me to no end. However, with Naraku in hiding, there was no way that he would reveal himself to kidnap her when I and Inuyasha were so close by. There was no other explanation besides her willingly going to that b******.

I was enraged now, at both Naraku and Hisako. Yet, I could not bring myself to think of harming Hisako for joining forces with the enemy.

"We are going to Mount Hakurei," I stated simply. That was where Naraku was hiding – I had been able to decipher that much – and it meant that Hisako was there too. I had gone there several times but had not been successful in finding Hisako. When I found her though, and had her returned to my side, I would thoroughly question her about her foolish behavior.

Using teleportation, I got us close to the mountain that was surrounded by mist – a thick and powerful spiritual barrier. How Naraku had managed to get inside such a place was beyond me but I figured that it was dirty tricks he had used once again to escape like the coward he was. Leaving Rin and Ah-Un at the base, I commanded Jaken to follow me up the mountain once again in search of a way to enter it.