Episode 8

Naira: I dont know where to start.

Kartik: What is your assignment topic?

Naira: Anatomy

Kartik laughs.

Naira: Why are you laughing?

Kartik: Such an easy one. I will help you. You go and sit. I will get the books for you.

Naira: But?

Kartik: Ms.Sherni I am your senior. I know all the books. You go and sit.

Naira: Haan. Teeke.

Kartik goes to the racks. He searches and collects books. After 15 minutes..

Naira: Kartik??? Kartik??

Kartik comes with books stacked in such a way that it even cover his face.

Kartik in a feeble voice: Naira I am here.

The books are about to fall. Naira runs and holds the books. She takes some of them.

They head to the table and keep the books on it.

Naira: Hey bhagwan. These many books. What will I do now?

Kartik: Why fear when Kartik is here. I will help you.

Both sit down and take notes. It gets dark. Kartik switches on the lights. They continue to work for a long time.

After few hours Kartik looks at his watch

Kartik: Naira! Its 10:30. Pretty late. Lets go home. Rest can be done tomorrow. He closes the book and notes. and pushes it aside and leans on the chair with his arms folded over his head.

Naira: Ek minute bas hojayega.

Kartik gets up and goes near her.

Kartik: Wooow. I think its enough for your assignment. I have also written some. You just compile them and give to your professor.

Naira finishes writting and closes her book and notes and looks up at Kartik.

Naira: I hope it comes out well. My first one

Kartik holds her hand and: Everything will be good. Come on lets go home.

Naira: I will call bhai to take me home.

Kartik: Wait. I will drop you. Why to disturb him. Provided you dont have any problem

Naira: No. Its ok.

Kartik: Hmm. If you have problem I will wait till your bhai comes.

Naira: Ok dont feel. I will come with you.

Kartik and Naira arrange the books in shelf and then leave. Kartik takes his bike to Naira.

Kartik?: Beto memsab.

Naira sits behind him and both leave.