13

"Oh, please. He's not even that cute."

Lila raised her eyebrows at the irritated werewolf next to her. She held out her hand in a 'stop' motion and said, "You need to calm down. It's just a show."

Leah swiveled her head so fast that Lila thought her head was gonna pop off. "This is your fault. You're the one that got me into these wack-ass shows."

Lila shook her head, smiling. She was spending the night at the Clearwaters and that also meant spending time with Leah, which she really missed. With school being over, her summer break started and now she had more time to relax. 

Leah sighed and stood. She looked at Lila, "Do you want some food?"

"I'm good, thanks."

Lila pulled out her phone from her lap, but she quickly turned it away from her. She really was trying to enjoy herself with Leah and have fun. Yet, there was a nagging thought in the back of her mind. 

It was Bella's reception tonight, meaning that Jake, Quil, and Embry went to go check it out. She honestly didn't know how to feel about them going. The idea of them stepping inside the house of vampires made her stomach twist into knots. Her hands itched for her to do something, anything to keep the edge off.

"Are you okay?"

Lila snapped her attention back to where she was. Leah had come back with a chips bag in her hands and was staring at her with a worried look.

She made an attempt to smile, but she doubt she could get anything past Leah. She let out a long breath and glanced at her phone again. 

"I'm just worried, that's all." 

"Why? There's nothing going on, is there?" Leah sat down on the couch next to her.

She contemplated on whether she should tell Leah what's bothering her. Jake had asked Quil and Embry to go with him after she said no. Knowing those two, they'll blab once they get back. 

As she was about to open her mouth, they both froze as a low howl echoed throughout the night. It rang deep into their ears until there was nothing left but the feeling of being summoned. 

Her uncle was calling the pack together. Something must have come up if he wanted the pack together. 

"I'll go get Seth," Leah muttered lowly and walked towards her brother's room.

Lila sighed and stood up as well. She placed her phone on the coffee table in front of her. She turned off the tv and waited for Leah and Seth. Seth trudged out of the hallway, his eyes barely opened. He walked out shirtless with his blue shorts.

"Why can't this wait 'till morning?" Seth yawned out.

Lila smiled and reached up to ruffle his hair. He groaned and swatted her hand away. She turned when she heard Leah walk towards them. She had changed into lighter clothes.

They walked out of the house and closed the door after them. 

Leah nodded towards the woods, "Go first, Seth. We'll catch up."

Seth was still trying to wake up as he almost tripped over his feet when he jogged towards the forest line. Once he disappeared, the girls walked towards the forest. Leah had set up a hiding place where they could stash their clothes whenever they needed to phase.

They came over a log with a couple of bushes that hid an old red bucket that didn't look that conspicuous. No one came out this far anyway.

Phasing was becoming easier for Lila. After the practice she had with the boys, she felt like she had a better grasp of herself. Within seconds, her body had peeled off her human skin and was replaced with dark fur.