2

Lila felt something was off. The fur on her body warned her that something was coming. It was late at night, where the only sounds that can be heard was the wind shifting the leaves around. Lila lifted her head in alert, her ears twitching to the side. The white wolf next to her, Leah, noticed it too.

I'm not going crazy right? Leah thought.

Lila didn't answer her. An eerie silence filled up the space around them. Suddenly like a bolt of lightning striking the ground, Lila took off, following the unfamiliar scent that made her instincts take over.

In the back of her mind, she could feel the pack through the cord that connected them. All of them told her it was a vampire she was chasing and that the others were almost near her. She pushed herself to go faster, the trees blurring around her.

She was close enough to get a good look at the thing. It was a girl with fiery red hair and crimson eyes. Lila realized it was the same vampire she saw in the water that day. The vampire looked back at Lila and smirked.

Furious, Lila growled and kept running. Suddenly, the vampire left over a small chasm, causing Lila to halt. She glared over the jump.

She wasn't the only that was chasing the vampire.

Lila broke off into a sprint, meeting up with Paul and Jared a few seconds later. Her mind blocked off the conversation and ignored the fact she was slipping away from her thoughts.

The three wolves were blurs to anyone that were out in the woods. The trio was mostly focused on the vampire who was jumping between the borders that the wolves had set up years ago. On the other side was the clan of vampires with golden eyes, chasing after the girl was the same as them. 

Both groups had ended up near a waterfall that split the land apart. The clan of vampires suddenly drew back as they came close to the wolves. All except one. As the red-haired vampire leapt over the gap, a muscular vampire with dark hair followed her. The pack shifted their attention immediately and the dark silver wolf attacked the intruder, whipping him back into the waters.

Animalistic snarls and growls emitted from the two as they stood off against each other. Yet, no one noticed the sleeker wolf with white paws chase after the main target.

Lila was so close to her, snapping her snout every time she saw the red hair in her grasp. All of the sudden, the vampire stopped running and jumped to a high branch. Using her momentum, Lila clawed up the tree but it was no use. The vampire was too high.

The vampire smirked down at her, causing Lila's blood to boil more. 

"I have a little surprise for you, pup," Lila growled at how amused the leech sounded.

In a flash, there was someone else standing next to the vampire on the branch. The shadow of the trees made his appearance look dark. With her eyesight, she could see that he wore combat boots, dark jeans, and a denim jacket. His shoulder length hair looked black in the night. He wore aviator glasses but Lila could see his red gleaming eyes underneath.

Yet, all that matter to Lila was the urge to kill them both.

The mysterious one looked towards the female, "This is the one?"

"Yes, I was there when she turned into that disgusting mongrel."

Lila?! Where are you?

The leeches turned their head past her. A moment later, Jacob appeared by get side. His hackles raised up as he saw the two vampires on the tree branches.

I haven't seen him before. What the hell is going on? Jacob demanded.

She quickly thought of the conversation between the two leeches. Confusion from Jacob told her that he didn't understand as well as she did.

The man above spoke out in a low tone, "Let's go. I don't want to be disturbed next time."

A second later, the two vampires took off towards the city lights. Lila felt herself move forward to sprint after them but she was stopped by Jacob, his fur a dark maroon under the moon light

Lila growled in defiance. Although he wasn't as big as Paul, he still was more sturdy looking than she was.

We can't follow them now, especially since there's two. Let's head back to Sam.

...

Lila tapped her foot repeatedly on the floor as she slowly ate her breakfast. She caught herself pushing her hair back for the fifth time already. A tight knot had settled in her stomach causing her to lose her appetite every minute.

"Will you cut it out already?"

Lila snapped her head towards Paul who was glaring at her across the table.  She forced her leg to stop moving.

"Sorry, I can't help it," She tried taking another bite, knowing she'll be starving later.

A hand was placed on her shoulder. She looked up and saw it was her uncle. He wore a stern yet worried look on his face.

"Are you sure you want to go? I understand if you don't want to." 

Lila could feel the pair of eyes on her. She took a deep breath and answered, "Regardless of who they are, I still missed a lot of work. Just a couple of weeks and then I could transfer."

Sam and Paul shared a look, but didn't speak anymore on the topic.

The sound of a motorcycle driving up to the front broke the silence in the house. Lila pushed her plate away and grabbed her bag from the floor.

When they all gathered last night, majority of pissed since one of the Cullens had made a move to break the treaty. Sam settled with giving them a warning, considering that both parties were after the red haired vampire.

Which led to an unsettling conversation about the interaction with the newcomer and Lila. The pack agreed that they never saw him before and assumed that the vampire was a companion to the red head. They already knew that red head was after Bella but why was there another?

Lila said goodbye to her uncle and Paul, walking out of the front door to meet her ride.

If she wasn't worked up about going to school about with a bunch of vampires, she probably would've been freaking that Jacob was her ride to school.

A/n: Sorry it's short. I've been very busy lately however I will have time this weekend to work on the next chapter. Vote, comment, and enjoy✨