"I'm still growing damn it!" Chuuya looked directly into his eyes, knowing the gleam within the hazel was pure satisfaction and amusement. He was about to bite out insults when Dazai pushed closer, slotting his lips over his. Slowly, Chuuya let go of Dazai's collar, moving his arms over the male's shoulders, allowing him to straighten his posture just a tad. When Dazai pulled back, he held himself with a proud smirk. Chuuya rolled his eyes while crossing his arms, standing straight to make himself appear a bit taller. "That was a shitty move, Dazai."

"But it shut you up and you enjoyed it~" Dazai slid his chair out, resting his chin on the table as Chuuya sat across from him.

"Tch, fucking idiot," Chuuya grumbled as they began eating. "Underseasonsed, but you didn't poison it and it's not burned, so it's alright." Chuuya smirked looking at Dazai, who puffed his cheeks out.

"Chuuya is such a critic! It tastes perfectly fine, it's completely mediocre, nothing less." Dazai pouted, leaning back in his chair with crossed arms. His empty plate already shoved towards the middle of the small table.

Chuuya stood with another snicker, grabbing the plate and walking by Dazai to flick his forehead. "Alright you giant child, I suppose you could call it a mediocre meal." Dazai brightened up immediately with a smile.

"Are we going to that party today?" Dazai turned to rest his chin on the back of his chair, watching as Chuuya pulled his hair into a bun, so it wasn't in the way when he washed the dishes.

"Uh, you mean the dance being held by the journalism club as a fundraiser? I thought we were planning to go together? Higuchi is in the club, remember?" Chuuya looked from the plates to Dazai for a moment before glancing at the time.

"I know, I was just making sure you still wanted to go." Chuuya nodded, setting the plate aside to be dried as he worked on the rest of the dishes.

~

As the sun finally fell, the pair walked alongside each other. Dazai poked at the suit jacket with a frown. "Next time I'm picking outfits..." Dazai shot an unpleasant glance to Chuuya, who rolled his eyes.

"You look better in black though! You're lucky I didn't let you wear whatever that plaid thing was. I ought to burn that ugly thing. Plus, we match today." Chuuya sounded proud, fixing his tie with a grin.

"Eh? We do not! I would never dare match with your sense of style Chibi! We have different colored vests on! Yours is a gross red and mine at least a bearable shade of blue. The only part I like is the shoes." Chuuya looked up with a smile.

"Really?"

"Of course not!" That had Dazai hopping back to avoid being kicked. "Chibi! Don't hit me!"

"Then stop being a bastard!" Chuuya huffed, sending a glare with his arms crossed heavily across his chest. Dazai snickered as he rolled his eyes. Pleased with the reaction he sparked from the small male.

Arriving at the party, Dazai stuck to Chuuya like glue. Holding his hands behind his back as he scanned the surroundings. Keeping an eye out for the danger that came in the form of two men. One a worse danger than the other, one who at this point was getting tiresomely repetitive. Truly, the constant appearances were picking on his nerves, that constant presence Chuuya's first Ex had was boarding on creepy. It seemed everywhere Chuuya showed there was always trouble following. So for tonight, he had no plans of letting anything happen. The two of them had been through far too much to simply let everything fall into shambles now. Dazai held out a hand, getting a confused look from Chuuya.

"Come on, let's dance." Dazai smiled lightly, watching Chuuya sigh and grab his hand. Letting Dazai pull him to the crowd of people. Staying close to each other with the music blaring in the background. Chuuya continued to glance at his partner as if checking to see if Dazai had gone off.